Application update 7.161 to 7.162

Just updated application with Home version 2.1.2.1. The new update is 7.162.
The link to find out what has changed is not working however.

Phone audio still not coming out of the line-out port or via the FM X'mitter.:mad: OS is still a Lite version, no option to change car icon. So far, I found nothing new.

The link to the new update just says, "Minor improvements":

What's New in last application update

One big improvement is that for the GO700, the auto-on feature is back, which was a rather sore subject for me. I was way too used to my GO700 turning on when I started the car. That extra step of pressing the power button was KILLING ME. Haha. :p

Anyone who is annoyed about the "Lite" version of the application that we're getting, I would write to TomTom Support. If they don't know their current customer base (who have owned TomTom's for years) are annoyed that we're being punished with lesser features on capable devices, then...that's just it -- they don't know.

I'm quite sure they are aware of it. Putting a lite version is just a damn marketing strategy so that current users of their high-end range will be forced to purchase the new model, ie. 910 to 920.

Have you noticed any differences? Just updated my unit and will play around a bit.

After I updated, I noticed that the display of the map while going through I-270 between I-370 and I-70 in Maryland DC area gets messed up. I'm not sure if this is due to 7.162 or map fixes since I updated them both.

Is there a way to return to 7.161?

After I updated, I noticed that the display of the map while going through I-270 between I-370 and I-70 in Maryland DC area gets messed up. I'm not sure if this is due to 7.162 or map fixes since I updated them both.

Is there a way to return to 7.161?

I fixed the problem by deleting all the files in the TT1 one using Windows Explorer and then restoring a previous 7.161 backup using TT home. After this, I updated to to 7.162 along with the other updates (POI, map corrections, etc). Now my TT1 one LE works fine.

Found 1 new update

I noticed that when I unplugged my TT910 from the lighter it actually went into an automatic shutdown mode and turned off. This is the first time I have seen this.

It is now connecting to my Motorola RAZR V3 but it takes like 60 to 90 seconds to do so. the old 655 version connected in like 10 seconds.

I noticed that when I unplugged my TT910 from the lighter it actually went into an automatic shutdown mode and turned off. This is the first time I have seen this.

It is now connecting to my Motorola RAZR V3 but it takes like 60 to 90 seconds to do so. the old 655 version connected in like 10 seconds.

Try going to your phone preference, then select connect to phone and select your phone. see if this connects before the automatic connect.

Ask a Question