Apple Store POI

Apple Store 1.2

Download and unzip to "USA_and_Canada" folder on the TomTom SD card.

revision 1.2

8/23/06 - Rev 1
5/22/07 - Rev 1.2 (special thanks to freakish)

Attachments

• Apple_Stores.zip
    7.1 KB · Views: 1,007
Last edited by a moderator:
I just did an update to the Apple Store POI. It was built from their website and is current as of today. Right now, it's only the US, but it wouldn't take much to add Canada and possibly the UK, Japan, and Italy. It includes phone numbers, and I could put store hours on it also, but the display usually cuts off before it gets there.

Update: I've now learned how to attach files to posts. Sorry. :eek: There are two bmp files in the folder. Use whichever one you like better.

Last edited by a moderator:
revision 1.2

Thanks for the update.
I included the update to the original post by also appending the original file into one!

when I try to download the zip file it saves and attachment.php file on my computer. Is there something wrong with the file?

I tried it again using Firefox (instead of Safari) and was able to get it with no problems.

So for other Mac users here.... it is not a Mac problem, it is a Safari problem. Use another browser like FireFox and you should be ok.

Thanks

Yes I am using a Mac. I tried that solution before posting (and again after reading your response) and it does not work either. I get the same .php file. It is downloading a .php file that is actually part of the forum software.

Any other ideas? Can I PM someone my email address and get it emailed to me?

I tried it again using Firefox (instead of Safari) and was able to get it with no problems.

So for other Mac users here.... it is not a Mac problem, it is a Safari problem. Use another browser like FireFox and you should be ok.

Thanks

Ah I see...Thanks for letting us know.

I'm using Safari as well, and I had no problem getting the file. I looked through all my Safari preferences and could not find anything that might be causing the problem.

I googled "attachment.php" and found that this problem occurs on other forums and on all operating systems, it isn't limited to Safari on the Mac. The only consistent solution is to use Firefox. One person said that his downloads start as "attachment.php" and then change name when the download is complete. I've never seen that happen, but maybe it is a clue.

I'm using a Mac, and I checked it out in Safari just for the heck of it. If I "right click" or ctrl+click on the linked file, and choose "Download Linked File," then I get the attachment.php issue. If I simply click regularly on the file (or left click), it opens up the Download manager window and downloads the file properly. Odd.

When you control click and select "Download linked file as", you can rename the file before hitting save. Have you tried renaming the file to apple.zip before hitting save.
Or rename it apple.zip after after it has downloaded as attachment.php?

Just curious if this works.
Im using safari and it saves the file as apple_stores.php.zip and unzips just fine.

Last edited:
The Apple Store in Orland Square Mall in Orland Park, IL is missing from the file.

I was wondering if it could be updated here.

Thank-you!

Apple Stores in Illinois

The following is the same Apple Stores file but I've cleaned up the Illinois locations.

There are 7 Apple Stores in Illinois and 2 were missing from the original POI.

I also found some duplication and errors (in Illinois).

I updated the Lat/Long coordinates with new ones from Google Earth that correspond more with the maps at Apple.

I also made sure all data for these seven was in a uniform format with phone numbers included.

Again... this is the complete list as posted in the start of this thread but it contains the updated information for all 7 Illinois stores.

Attachments

• Apple Stores.ov2.zip
    6.7 KB · Views: 369

Ask a Question