Anyone want to test my voices?

I am no Burt Reynolds or Kim Catrell, but I just finished all 59 comments as a surprise to my wife when she uses the item next time.

I have not tested mine yet. So, I don't know if I have unnatural pauses and other inconsistent pops, etc. I am about to go out and find out.

I will take any criticism.

Bruce

I'll give it a shot today and see if there are any problems. If you're annoying and/or ugly, though, I reserve the right to silently delete the sound file. :)

I installed it but have not actually used it yet but did test it in the voices menu and seems like a lot of long pauses in between words. Nice loud and very clear voice from what little bit I did test though. :)

Think I will go give it a test drive right now. I have a few things I need to do. Will report back later and let you know how it went.

Same experience here. Pauses between phrases were too long, like "In.... .... .... .... .... .... 400 yards, turn right" The sound level seemed pretty good, though, and the words I heard were clear. But I didn't use it past a couple of turns because of the blank space problem. Looking forward to v2.

One sound that seemed to be missing was the one that plays when you hit "Test". I think it's the "Arrival" sound, which never seems to play any other time.

Oh, and the picture was alright. I'm not likely to be gutsy enough to put *my* mug on something like that!

Pretty cool you can do this however the last thing I want to hear all day in my truck is my wifes voice LOL. I am sure she feels the same way. If I did what you did for your wife she would probably bring the TT back to me and say it is broke and to get a new one LOL

I installed it but have not actually used it yet but did test it in the voices menu and seems like a lot of long pauses in between words. Nice loud and very clear voice from what little bit I did test though. :)

Think I will go give it a test drive right now. I have a few things I need to do. Will report back later and let you know how it went.

Thanks, Hippie459MN. This is good info. The instructions say to leave a half second pause after each phrase since the phrases should not flow right into each other. I guess half a second was two long. I am trying it again with my daughter now and am watching the pauses. This one is just to make my wife laugh. Again, we are not telling my wife until she actually uses the GPS. I cannot wait to see her reaction!

Pretty cool you can do this however the last thing I want to hear all day in my truck is my wifes voice LOL. I am sure she feels the same way. If I did what you did for your wife she would probably bring the TT back to me and say it is broke and to get a new one LOL

Yeah, cajuncutter. I don't expect my voice set to be permanent. I just wanted to have a little GPS fun with my wife.

Same experience here. Pauses between phrases were too long, like "In.... .... .... .... .... .... 400 yards, turn right" The sound level seemed pretty good, though, and the words I heard were clear. But I didn't use it past a couple of turns because of the blank space problem. Looking forward to v2.

One sound that seemed to be missing was the one that plays when you hit "Test". I think it's the "Arrival" sound, which never seems to play any other time.

Oh, and the picture was alright. I'm not likely to be gutsy enough to put *my* mug on something like that!

In.... .... .... .... .... .... 400? Hmmm, I will have to listen to that and make a few adjustments.

On my unit, when I hit Test, first it says "depart". Then, it plays the Arrival phrase second.

My face is all over the internet: music sites, Facebook, Myspace, Linked In, etc. So, a GPS unit is no big deal any more :D

Ask a Question