Anyone using the 7.20 map?

TomTom Model(s)
One 3rd edition
I was browsing the TomTom website and noticed that a new USA & Canada map version 7.2 is available. Anyone using it? It seems to be available for the One v.3 that I have. They're selling it for about $100.00. My current map is 7.15.

I was browsing the TomTom website and noticed that a new USA & Canada map version 7.2 is available. Anyone using it? It seems to be available for the One v.3 that I have. They're selling it for about $100.00. My current map is 7.15.

I would not think there are significant differences between a 7.15 level and a 7.20 map, especially since the 7.15 map just came out less than 3 months ago.

I have it installed for a couple of days. Got a free update.
You should have a "Latest Map Guarantee"
There are several posts on how to get the new maps on the forums as well as some of the differences. You might check it out.

Sidney

Last edited:
Don't waste your money on it. Wait for a year before you spend money on a new map!

I was on the TT website the other day, logged in with UK location. If you buy a map on that site it basically 70 bucks for a Us/Can map. But if you buy it using home its over 100. What the What!

I'm not seeing this. The UK site is listing the USA/Canada 7.20 map for GBP 49.95. If you convert this to USD (as of today) it comes out to about $97.14

They must have just changed it and I saw it before the error. It was at 29.95 UK! I was going to get it but I have 7.10. Gonna wait till fall.
So yeah forget that last post, I'll just go back to starring at that black dot on the wall!

LOL

I'm within my first 30 days and I'm at 7.15, but TomTom Home keeps telling me I'm at the latest version. Am I going to need to call support?

I'm within my first 30 days and I'm at 7.15, but TomTom Home keeps telling me I'm at the latest version. Am I going to need to call support?

Yes, I had to do it yesterday for two TomTom V3 yesterday. The support person I got was very helpful. You will need to upload proof of purchase to show you are within the 30 day period but they will step you through it.

Yes, I had to do it yesterday for two TomTom V3 yesterday. The support person I got was very helpful. You will need to upload proof of purchase to show you are within the 30 day period but they will step you through it.

Ok... thanks for the quick reply.

latest map guarantee now working

I had the same problem yesterday, but now I am downloading.

Brian

I also had fits getting the 7.20 maps on my v3 device after customer service agreed to upgrade me under "latest map guarantee" on my recent refurb purchase. TT Home tells you that you need to remove the existing maps from your device before you can load new maps. When I did this, I could no longer see the 7.20 maps in my Home account even though they showed online. When they finally corrected the glitch I just downloaded the new maps without taking the old ones off first. Home ended up doing it automatically & everything worked fine.

That being said, I haven't seen an major differences yet but I haven't had enough time to use the new maps to really know what the differences are yet.

I also had fits getting the 7.20 maps on my v3 device after customer service agreed to upgrade me under "latest map guarantee" on my recent refurb purchase. TT Home tells you that you need to remove the existing maps from your device before you can load new maps. When I did this, I could no longer see the 7.20 maps in my Home account even though they showed online. When they finally corrected the glitch I just downloaded the new maps without taking the old ones off first. Home ended up doing it automatically & everything worked fine.

That being said, I haven't seen an major differences yet but I haven't had enough time to use the new maps to really know what the differences are yet.

The thing that bugs me is the wording of the feature. It says "Latest Map Guarantee." It does not say "One Free Update Guarantee." As long as someone is within 30 days of first using TomTom Home it should update to the latest map. I should not have to call them up and proove to them that I'm within 30 days, when they can see when I first used the software.

I'm sure that it's not a very wide spread problem since maps don't get updated all that often, but it does bug me.

Oh well... it was not a huge hassle and customer service was helpful.

End of rant....

The thing that bugs me is the wording of the feature. It says "Latest Map Guarantee." It does not say "One Free Update Guarantee." As long as someone is within 30 days of first using TomTom Home it should update to the latest map. I should not have to call them up and proove to them that I'm within 30 days, when they can see when I first used the software.

I'm sure that it's not a very wide spread problem since maps don't get updated all that often, but it does bug me.

Oh well... it was not a huge hassle and customer service was helpful.

End of rant....

Not widespread? Spend some more time on the forum. This is a common problem that from my perspective is tomtom trying to rip off their user community. It's a fraud and is too common to be an accident. I finally got my European maps and it took 3 calls. Long calls. Read your guaranty. Mine says nothing about 30 days or about a one time upgrade. But, they'll tell you this on the phone if you let them.

From TT's web site when you search for Latest Map Guarantee:

TomTom provides you with the latest map pre-installed on your new device. In the event that a newer map is available within 30 days from when you start using your device, you are entitled to one free map download.

The latest map guarantee is available on:

TomTom GO 920/720
TomTom ONE XL*
TomTom ONE 3rd Edition
All newer TomTom devices
* Only if the device came with the 7.xx application and 7.xx maps pre-installed

Ask a Question