Anyone using a NAV-MAT with the 720?

TomTom Model(s)
I purchased a Nav-Mat to use with my 720 but it doesn't seem to be compatible with the mount that came with the TomTom. Anyone successfully doing it?

(A nav-mat is a "pillow" that sticks on the dash that you can mount your TomTom to)

Thanks!

I just got one and you're right, it's far from ideal. The mount isn't high enough. I struggle seeing it when it's on my dash. I've moved it to my console.

Ok, then I am not doing something wrong.

I am going to go get the "alternative mount" with the longer neck. I'll see if this works better. I'm concerned there won't be enough space between my dash and windshield but we'll see!

Paul, let me know how this works for you, as I was thinking about going out and getting that alternative mount for those exact reasons. Thanks!

It works!

I just braved the Friday night Christmas crowds at Best Buy. I am glad I pre-ordered it online for pickup because I did wander over to the GPS section and didn't notice it there.

I paid $29 +tax. Completely solves the problem. Go get it!

_Paul_
:D

It works!

I just braved the Friday night Christmas crowds at Best Buy. I am glad I pre-ordered it online for pickup because I did wander over to the GPS section and didn't notice it there.

I paid $29 +tax. Completely solves the problem. Go get it!

_Paul_
:D

Paul, how long is the alt. mount? Thanks in advance.

Here is a nice solution for those who own a Garmin friction pad (bean bag) and just are tired of spending, spending for Tom Tom accessories -- I simiply bought some double-sided adhesive velcro strips and jury-rigged the plastic base on the Garmin beanbag with velro and also the suction cup of the TomTom mount on my new TT720. The TomTom now is secure on the beanbag base. The only challenge is the USB port mount which is flush sitting on the bean bag but it seems to be just fine.

Based on Paul's recommendation, I picked up the alternative mount yesterday and it works extremely well with the nav-mat. Thanks, Paul!

I was out doing last minute Christmas shopping and saw the Nav-Mat at Best Buy for $45! You can get a much better deal if you shop around online. I don't remember exactly but I am pretty sure I paid $30.

Yes, don't get it at BestBuy unless you're desperate. I ordered online for $21 the other day and got it in 2-3 days. I'm really enjoying it, and it keeps me from getting those suction cup marks on my windshield.

fanchee - Is this the mount I should order "Alternative Mount Kit"? Would you mind telling me what website you purchased it from?

Also, can anyone recommend a good place to buy the Nav Mat? I tried Ebay, but it seems pricey... Thanks!

fanchee - Is this the mount I should order "Alternative Mount Kit"? Would you mind telling me what website you purchased it from?

Also, can anyone recommend a good place to buy the Nav Mat? I tried Ebay, but it seems pricey... Thanks!

Yes, it is the "alternative mount kit" and I got mine at Best Buy. It is the one that has a goose neck, flexible pipe-like extension.

I bought my Nav-Mat through Amazon for around $30. It isn't sold through Amazon but through one of their "partners". You will see it in stores for over $45.

It's a great solution!

I bought my Nav-Mat at www.heartlandamerica.com for $19.99. Just as everyone says, the alternative mount works great with the Nav-Mat. The alternative mount also does not loose suction (my original mount did on occasions). You clamp it shut (sucks the air out) and it stays put. Much better than the mount that comes with the 720.

Ask a Question