Anyone tried screen protection film?

Just got mine in the mail, 2 for 12.95 shipped or so..

THEY SUCK, it looks like you are looking at a crt with water on it.. like a prism effect, can not read the screen with it on..

Got it from ScreenPatronus.com :-(((((

They will be sending me a different one to try soon, so hopefully that will work.

got mine

ok, all...
Got my screen protector today from ExpertShield.com and it looks great.

went on fine (no air bubbles) and even came with a cleaning cloth to clean the display before installation.

Didn't notice any glare (what with it raining in T.O. this morning), just looked like the orig screen.

It doesn't take up the whole area of the display (probably so you can get under it to remove it), just a couple millimeters shy. This does not affect the touch screen, though, even if what you want to hit is under the edge of the protector.

Will let you know how it is in sunlight when we get some.

All in all, I'm happy with it so far.

Nice. I would like to see a follow up with the sunlight.
Was the protector an exact fit or did u have to modify the size?

All, I recently got rid of the screen protection film that came with my GO300 and instead applied a new film that I purchased from Fry's electronics. They have these films available in the Software section next to Gameboy and other video game titles. The film for the Gameboy fits well and it goes on without any bubbles. One film for $4.99.

I bought a screen protector from Japan Camera called Superior Screen Protector 3.0" by a company called NsiX.

It's features are:
  • Anti Dust + Anti Bubbles
  • Washable, Removable
  • Anti-Scratch
  • Anti-UV 99%
  • Electric-Static (no adhesive)
However, it carries a hefty price tag of $14.99. The Electric-Static thing was the one that sold me.

I screwed up applying it to the screen as I mistakenly touched the electric-static portion and left a huge finger print mark. It bothered me so much as you can see it in the light I had to remove it....grrrr :mad:

I'm probably going to try the other brand suggested by another member here and see how it goes :eek:

Invisible Shield screen protector

(I posted this in one of the TomTom One threads but the same question was asked here, so... Note they have protectors for several TomTom models... search both for "tom" and for "tomtom")

First - no, I do NOT work for ShieldZone, I just love their product.

I have been using PDAs since, well, forever - I started with Apple Newton, have had almost ever make of Palm devices since the Palm Personal (and I think one before that). I had Write Right protectors back before Fellow's bought the company. I have bought protectors, made my own from transparency sheets - you name it I have tried them. About a year ago I came across the Invisible Shield and have never looked back - I have them installed on my PSP, Treo, iPod, Nintendo DS, my wifes Palm TX -- in short I drink their Kool-Aid. Anyway, when I (recently) got my TomTom One I picked up Invisble Shield screen protector for it

http://www.shieldzone.com/item_description/TOMTONE.html

While their TomTom One picture is outdated, it fit my new style TT1 absolutely perfectly. They are SUPER easy to install, reasonably priced (free shipping). The key to installation is to be liberal with their "spray", place it quickly, get it adjusted, then use the squeegee to get the bubbles out. They will NOT scratch, ever. Period. Never. Install one and you are set for life. If you manage to scratch or damage it in any way, send it back and they will send a replacement for free. If you cannot get the bubbles out, send it back, they will send a replacement. This is an absolutely fantastic company and product. They are maybe a dollar or two more expensive than the cheapy brands but try it once and you will buy them for every device you own. No need for pics, you wouldn't be able to see it anyway.

If you doubt the quality, watch the videos on their web site - you cannot scratch or damage these things.

I just went to my local staples and picked up a package of 12 or 15 for like 20 bucks. They are made by Palm for various units but they are easy to cut to fit and are supposed to be removable without leaving adhesive. Application was easy with no bubbles but I don't know if they will help much with the glare yet.

Just FYI, talked to Shieldzone and they don't carry the right size for the Tomtom 720 (they said the 700 isn't the same size), but you could place a custom order....

Just FYI, talked to Shieldzone and they don't carry the right size for the Tomtom 720 (they said the 700 isn't the same size), but you could place a custom order....

Shieldzone makes a quality product.

BUT.... the reflective glare in certain sunlit conditions is unacceptable.

I've got them installed on the Axims. A woman could apply makeup using the mirror'ing effect when the sunlight is just right. Great for indoor use, not for motor vehicles.

Good ANTI-glare material found -- I have been applying it to some of my LCD camera screens and now that I own a 720, it's back to the source for some slightly bigger pieces.

Found this guy via a friend's reference. Kits I have received previously included 4 pieces of 50x40mm non-glare film, a bit of lens cleaning cloth, and directions. Like others mentioned here, no adhesives are used.

He has pre-cut sizes at decent prices -- but the 720 seems to be about 55x97mm, an oddball size. The one he shows for the Sony Toughbook (MXTB1, $9.95) would make close to 6 pieces to fit a 720. Or you can just buy a big sheet of the stuff for $9.50 (#500-2NG) and cut your own on a paper cutter or ...

http://www.photodon.com/lcdprotect-sheet.htm

Maybe if he gets enough requests for a 55x97 sheet, he'll start making up some for our x20 series units. As I understand it, he will cut them down the next bigger size to the exact size you want for $2.50 a pop. Anyway, worth a jingle on Monday morning.

P.S. As such things go, I think the 720 already has a pretty decent non-glare screen.

Ask a Question