anyone know status of recently purchased edition 2 map updates?

anyone know if edition 2 tomtom's are going to be included in this new map upgrade? mine is only maybe a month old, but tomtom home keeps saying i have the latest maps available which are the 6.65 maps.

You will be able to purchase the new map. However...

anyone know if edition 2 tomtom's are going to be included in this new map upgrade? mine is only maybe a month old, but tomtom home keeps saying i have the latest maps available which are the 6.65 maps.

Has your unit been offered a system update to Navcore 7.x yet? That's likely to be the first priority you need to see to. Though it hasn't been officially confirmed yet, there is speculation that the new system will be required to access the new 7.xx map.

I have not heard that the owner of a TomTom that can run the Navcore 7.x system, will be denied an opportunity to purchase the new map. There have been rumors that the maps will go on sale in November. Don't hold your breath.
:eek:

As of yesterday morning, whenever I check for map updates via TT home v2.1, I now have the option of purchasing the new US/Canada 7.xx map. It is going for around $105US (half of the typical price). Im tempted to buy it, but Im afraid it won't be much of an upgrade over my 6.60 maps. Im hoping to hear some opinions on 7.xx before I buy it. Ruwafl, unfortuately to upgrade your maps (whether it be to 6.75 version or 7.xx) you are going to have to buy them. The 6.65 that you have is the most recent FREE version they have for the TT1 version 2.

if it's not a free upgrade, then i will probably buy the maps, but, that really blows. the unit isn't a month old and i know in the area's i have to travel there are some pretty large omissions in streets and roads and just plain out errors. not that it's a problem for me since i know where i am going anyway, it's the times i don't know where i am going that leaves me questions on it's accuracy. of course, that doesn't mean that these problems are going to be fixed in the new release, but i noticed a difference in the few days i had the version 3 with 6.75 maps and the version 2 i have now with the 6.65 maps. i can only assume that the 7. version maps are more updated and accurate.

i just received an email back from tomtom regarding the map update for the version 2 units. here is the message:

Dear Russell,

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support regarding the newest map update. My goal is to provide you with an exceptional customer experience, and I hope to achieve it.

The update will only be free for people with the "Latest Map Guarantee" that comes with the GO 720 and ONE 3rd Edition. You can purchase the update through TomTom HOME for about $50, less than half the full price of the USA & Canada maps.

If you have any further questions or comments, please email or call us at 866-486-6866 Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM until 7:00 PM EST. Thanks again for writing. At TomTom we believe in showing you the way the easy way.

With Best Regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team
Customer (russell floyd) 11/02/2007 11:17 PM
hello! i just purchased my tt1 about a month ago with the 6.65 maps on it. i see that map version 7.10 is now out and tt1 edition 3 users are reporting that they are getting the map updates now. are the map updates going to be free for my 1 month old edition 2? and if so, when will it be available? tt home is still reporting that i have the latest maps available when i click on use the latest map guarantee.

What map update are they referring to for $50?

I do not see a map update for sale for $50. I only see the option to purchase the new US/Canada maps (v7.10) for 49.95 euros = $72.42 as of todays exchange rate.

Ask a Question