Anyone know how to tighten the Iphone Car Kit???

TomTom Model(s)
iPhone
Hey there, I have the iphone TomTom Car kit and now that I have had it for a month or two, it doesn't keep the phone where I move it to. It seems to have loosened.... is there any way I can tighten the swivels, so the phone stays where i put?

Thank you in advance for your help!!!

macman_canada

Remove the two rubber plugs from the top cap securing it to the main body of the holder, remove the two screws, look carefully and you will see a small steel spring, on both ends of this spring pack some tin foil/ baking foil (a very small amount rolled in to a ball). Replace the cap top and secure down with the screws. The added material increases the presure the spring applies to the mount preventing it from rotating too easy.

If its rotating on the swivel ball too easily take the top cap off and wind a couple turns of tape around the ball, replace the cap and it should be fine - Mike

Start by removing the two rubber bungs from the hinge which reveals two philips head screws, remove the screws to release the top cap (take care not to lose the steel spring)

Spring

Hello I lost the spring in my Car Kit can you post a picture and also know if a replacement can be purchased maybe give me the spring specification

Please Help,
Thanks!! Tracy

Ask a Question