Anyone else sick of updates screwing their TomTom up?

Sorry to hear your still having problems.
I suggest to go to your preferences and uncheck 'switch to night when dark'. When this is complete, change to view to the correct day/night mode. After go back to the preferences and recheck the option 'switch to night when dark'.
Connect to Home and see what view it's on.
Your unit should always be on day mode when using virtual tomtom.
I noticed when I have it in night mode, my 910 never switches between modes.

Well the 6.51 update is somewhat annoying with the time constantly updating to the UDC time, which is -1 for me, so I constantly have put an hour ahead.
That's normal behaviour for all TT's, all FW versions, AFAIK. Pressing 'sync' sets the clock to UTC time.

Also, not trying to annoy anybody but the light sensor on my 910 works fine. It dims the screen when it gets dark and brightens it again as soon as it get light. Mine is set for 20% brightness in the dark, 100% in the light.

AFAIK, it is not possible to have it automatically switch to 'night colours' in the dark, only to have it adjust the brightness. I may be wrong on this though.

That's normal behaviour for all TT's, all FW versions, AFAIK. Pressing 'sync' sets the clock to UTC time.

Also, not trying to annoy anybody but the light sensor on my 910 works fine. It dims the screen when it gets dark and brightens it again as soon as it get light. Mine is set for 20% brightness in the dark, 100% in the light.

AFAIK, it is not possible to have it automatically switch to 'night colours' in the dark, only to have it adjust the brightness. I may be wrong on this though.

My 910 did both (dim and switch views) from day one (It did stop once and I reset the unit and that fixed it) until the most recent update - 6.524 (I think) Now I can not get it to reliably switch at all. Some times it will if I remove from the mount, mostly no change at all, neither dim nor view change.

drledger: TT 910. My screen too turns dark on entering the garage, just the way I told it to.

As for the lack of an auto on/off switch mentioned by others, that's my least important feature given the one great feature: A remote as standard.

Ask a Question