Any value in 'old' TOMTOMs

TomTom Model(s)
LIVE 1005
Some 18 months ago I purchased a LIVE 1000.. Because of Battery problems, I tried to get it repaired, but in view of the cost decided to scrap it.

Bearing in mind that I was able to purchase a LIVE 1005 with Lifetime Maps (tom tom say worth £79) and 3 years live services (currently costing £47 p year ie £140 for 3 years) included.

However, I suspect that the LIVE 1000 might be worth something to someone who might be able to repair it or use it for spares.

Indeed. If nothing else, there's always someone looking for one just to part it out for the touchscreen/display module. That said, there are aftermarket battery packs for these that really will get the job done. If you don't feel like tackling that job yourself (increasing the resale value), be sure to note that this is all that's wrong with it in your ad since there are others who would do this job in a jiffy.

Ask a Question