Any Female British Voices with US terms and Measurements?

Just wondering if there are any Female British voices available that have US terminology and US measurements? I searched around here a bit but didn't come across anything.

An Elizabeth Hurley voice would be great, lol.

Ad

Advertisements

TomTom Model(s)
720, 930, 940, XL, One 3rd
What do you mean by US terminology? - I have a few female voices that I can send over to you if you PM me your e-mail address, these voices are, and always have been free for people to use.

Liz Whitaker
Vicki Archer

They are UK based and to be honest I use the Liz voice by default on most of my non TTS equipped devices as I finds its so clear and easy to understand - Mike

dhn

TomTom Model(s)
1535 LIVE; Via 1605; Go 50; Go 520
Mike, you know.......

Highway instead of Motorway........
Elevator instead of Lift.........
Apartment instead of Flat ....

:)D, ok........the last two aren't relevant)

TomTom Model(s)
720, 930, 940, XL, One 3rd
In which case I don't know of any English voices with an American "twang" - whats the word you use for roundabout as thats different isn't it?

Still applies though if anyone wants a copy of the free voices mentioned above send me your e-mail by PM and I will send them over - Mike

dhn

TomTom Model(s)
1535 LIVE; Via 1605; Go 50; Go 520
In which case I don't know of any English voices with an American "twang" - whats the word you use for roundabout as thats different isn't it?

Still applies though if anyone wants a copy of the free voices mentioned above send me your e-mail by PM and I will send them over - Mike
I actually think 'roundabout' is the proper North American term, Mike. They just aren't nearly as common here as in Europe and elsewhere.

mvl

TomTom Model(s)
GO 2535 LIVE, GO 1535 LIVE, GO 740 LIVE, Go 930
I hear roundabout isn't consistently used throughout the US. In the northeast it's called "rotary".

Just like East Coast = Highway, West Coast = Freeway

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question