any Canadians users yet ?

TomTom Model(s)
iPhone
any canadian users out there with the GO 920 ?

would you be so kind as to find a house for me ?

can you find 219 White's Hill Road, Markham Ontario ?

my garmin update still cannot find that street.

thx

My MapSource 2008 has that address. I don't think you'll find the TomTom maps any more complete than Garmin's. I'm not impressed with either of them when it comes to Canadian content. I think we're too far north for them to bother with. Both of them are terrible when it comes to the Trans-Canada. I was out in the boonies with both my 2610 with new updates, and the TomTom. Each was more accurate than than the other in different places. With the TomTom I find myself a block out in Moncton NB in places, as well as in Cardston AB, and some of the back road turn offs near my home in AB are 1/4 mile out. Never had this problem with Garmin. Finding Quebec addresses with TomTom is difficult with the French wording and had to give up finding an address in Riviere-des-Prairies as it was listed as Saint Joseph de-la-Riviere-des-Prairies and unfindable with anything else. Impossible to find with RDP as it's called by the locals. Thier mapping has a long way to go I think.

My MapSource 2008 has that address. I don't think you'll find the TomTom maps any more complete than Garmin's. I'm not impressed with either of them when it comes to Canadian content. I think we're too far north for them to bother with. Both of them are terrible when it comes to the Trans-Canada. I was out in the boonies with both my 2610 with new updates, and the TomTom. Each was more accurate than than the other in different places. With the TomTom I find myself a block out in Moncton NB in places, as well as in Cardston AB, and some of the back road turn offs near my home in AB are 1/4 mile out. Never had this problem with Garmin. Finding Quebec addresses with TomTom is difficult with the French wording and had to give up finding an address in Riviere-des-Prairies as it was listed as Saint Joseph de-la-Riviere-des-Prairies and unfindable with anything else. Impossible to find with RDP as it's called by the locals. Thier mapping has a long way to go I think.

Can you navigate by zip code with TT?

You can navigate with US Zips. I tried using a Canadian Postal Code and it's not as accurate. My postal code is T0K 0K0. The unit only accepts the first 3 digits and when I input T0K it gives me a city 50 miles away.

Here's an image just to verify.
ttsample.jpg

pedro you're awesome thank you so much!!!

thats my house..

now can it find my cottage ? that'll be the REAL TEST.. ;)

1091 Dwight Beach Rd, Dwight, ON

pedro you're awesome thank you so much!!!

thats my house..

now can it find my cottage ? that'll be the REAL TEST.. ;)

1091 Dwight Beach Rd, Dwight, ON

Well........yes AND no :p

1091 is on the map but the street is mispelled as 'Dwigth' though the correct spelling is shown for the town.

You can send a map correction to TomTom about the incorrectly spelled street name. I just found it kinda funny.

one more request

I have one more request.

My grand parents house..

958508 7th Line
Glencairn, ON L0M 1K0

my garmin did not pick this up. I had my buddy who lives close sit in front of the house, mark the waypoint on his unit and then he emailed with it to add it to my waypoint and then I saved it.

this one will be difficult and I may have to do the same thing.

thanks

Ask a Question