Another question - iPod related

Does anyone else find the iPod control a little frustrating?

For example, why can the TT not tell the iPod to continue where it left off?
The iPod is quite capable of that on its own.

Is there any way to update just the iPod control s/w?
Has anyone written anything to take better advantage of what the iPod can actually do?

If not for a few little things like this, the overall concept is very good!

Ad

Advertisements

TomTom Model(s)
GO 910, ONE V2, GO 920 GO 730 & iPad TT App
People have been asking for this since it came out. Looks like it was overlooked by TomTom

TomTom Model(s)
GO 510
iPod Battery issue

Since there is no apparent way I know of to charge the iPod while it is connected to the TT510 it seems to go through battery power incredibly fast. I recently replaced my iPod battery with a new higher capacity one and that didn't help either. Now it seems the battery life continues to get shorter. Has anyone else noticed their TT killing iPod batteries? Is there any way to power an iPod while connected to the TT510?

TomTom Model(s)
Go 520
I have a Kensington charger due for delivery it has a Ipod passthrough connector. I will ley toy know how I get on when i have time to evaluate it. I sounds like the answer though.

TomTom Model(s)
930T and XXL
I use mostly TT Jukebox but my ipod is also connected. I have not noticed a massive drain in power but I do know it last longer when not running through the TT. The pass thorugh connector sounds like a good idea. Let us know the whats and wheres.

Ad

Advertisements

Of course ... I can't find a seller of that charger that sells to/ships to Canada without charging crazy fees! :mad:

Of course ... I can't find a seller of that charger that sells to/ships to Canada without charging crazy fees! :mad:
So a friend of mine in the US bought one and shipped it up to me. :D

I hope to be trying it out tonight.

Feedback to follow. ;)

Ad

Advertisements

It works like a charm ... charges the iPod (mine was dead) no problem and links to the GPS as it is supposed to.

Now if we can just get someone to write something that will allow the TT or the iPod to remember where it stops, that would be great! ;)

Ask a Question