Another lurkin newbie

TomTom Model(s)
May get a 720
Hi all, I'm attempting to put together enough of a case to justify the purchase of a TomTom 720 with my wife.

I've read hundreds of pages on the subject but haven't found all my answers yet. I'm not new to gps, but this new technology is getting a bit complicated. :D So, hopefully, all the answers I need will be here.

Tom in Seattle

Hi!
I found it to be a pretty easy sell for the following reasons....
1. cell-phone integration / hands-free (with Verizon Motorola V3M) works great
2. Map updates - with users submitting map updates, your maps have the potential to be up to date at any given time, instead of waiting for the next map release. This will keep your unit from becoming obsolete. When TT went to Navigator 6, they would no longer support the new maps on my previous Palm Tungsten T3 hardware. TT claims that the 720 won't become obsolete. (The last one you'll ever have to buy).
3. TomTom Home - keeps everything updated, and allows you to easily move files to your device - good for .mp3 player functionality.
4. Audio options - wired connection (I use this with a cassette tape connection), use the built-in speaker, or use FM Broadcast capability - nice thing is that it stops music to give you instructions, then picks it up where it left off....

Anyway, many of these features all add up to greater safety, and longevity for the device. Higher initial cost, but for me, a better investment over the long term.

Hope this helps!
cowamooee

Ask a Question