Another Guam problem =(

Hello all,

I recently bought a refurbished tomtom XL one. I decided to do an upgrade after installing tomtom home 2. After the upgrade, the United State and Canada map disappeared, leaving only Guam. Unfortunately I did not remember to create backup beforehand.

According to tomtom home, the USA and Canada map is installed but it doesn't show up in the device. I looked under setting to switch the map but there was only the Guam map.

So I looked online to see if I try to fix it.

I already tried hit the reset button on the device. I tried the factory reset. I used the clear flash tool. But nothing seems to work.

I looked its internal memory and the current.dat file I saw that it did say Guam. So I wrote over it to use the USA and Canada. But when I open the device, it is still stuck in Guam. I looked at the file and it said Guam again. :confused:

I tried deleting the Guam map but when I open it, it tells me no map found.

I call customer service and they told me to get the clear flash tool and run it three times and that should solve the problem. But that didn't work either.

I even borrowed a friend's tomtom one xl and tried to backup their system into a 2GB SD card and putting it into the device. But it asked for the product which I don't have.

I don't know what else to do. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks for all of your help in advance. :)

You may want to get an older (Navcore 7) version of the firmware for your unit here, install it and see if your map returns.

If so, make a complete Explorer backup, ensuring hidden folders/files are showing.

Ask a Question