Annoying "No Route Planned!" voice prompt!!!!

How do you disable the very annoying "No Route Planned!" voice prompt that's activated anytime you adjust the volume via the remote or touchscreen (lower left corner)???

There have been two occasions where it didn't have the voice reminder because the phrase "No Route Planned!" was not shown in the lower left corner of the screen.

The only way that I know of where you can prevent the unit from announcing "No Route Planned!" anytime the volume is adjusted is: (1) plan an actual route (but the unit will announce the next turn or set of directions); or (2) have the mp3 player displayed rather than the road map.

I would assume that you hear a voice when adjusting the volume so that you can judge if it's too much or too little. Otherwise, you're shooting in the dark when you slide the bar.

I just leave mine at 75% and really never touch it. My custom menu puts the 'Sound off' icon on the first page, in case I don't want to hear the instructions at all.

I would assume that you hear a voice when adjusting the volume so that you can judge if it's too much or too little. Otherwise, you're shooting in the dark when you slide the bar.
not when I have my music playing. It's irritating that the music pauses for that voice prompt whenever the volume is adjusted.

Last edited:
Sorry I couldn't figure out how to do this.
I unchecked 'read outloud warings' but it only changed it from saying "no route planned" to "you have reached your destination".

not when I have my music playing. It's irritating that the music pauses for that voice prompt whenever the volume is adjusted.

I totally agree with you. Anyone have a "fix" for this. I frequently find myself adjust the volume via BT while playing music - only to hear the computer voice blast at me... would be nice it the TT just adjusted the volume and didn't play a voice while doing it, or if you had a choice if you wanted a voice to play...

===Actually I think I may have found a sort of work-around: If you adjust the slider on the MP3 screen it will only adjust the volume of the music and the computer voice won't speak as the volume adjusts.
Unfortunately using the remote changes all volumes (system and MP3) so then the computer voice will speak each time you adjust the volume.

again would be nice to set a preference if the computer voice speaks or not.

Last edited:
What's really, REALLY, R E A L L E Y needed is different volume settings for Instructions, Speaker Phone and Music along with maybe a Master Volume but I could live without that.

Somewhere I read about a SILENT VOICE. I guess folks use that "NON" voice when only looking for traffic camera or speed zone warnings but don't need driving directions. I don't know if that would quiet things or not in the mp3 department.

Though NOT the same issue, I also have a problem similar to yours.

I started a new topic, "Disable GPS Voice so I can hear MP3 via FM, Suggestions?"

Hopefully, some "experts" here can help.

Regards

Ask a Question