Annoyed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.

Paid by VISA - "downloaded" map which is not on my computer (iMac - OS X) - Can't download again - Registered 'dispute' with VISA but I have to wait 'till the VISA is debited which may be 7 days. In the mean time I don't have the map I purchased.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I tried the feedback but their auto-response says that they won't respond further.

Your link goes to an Australian TomTom resale outlet.

Your reply may be of good intention but it's utterly utterly useless.

It would be wonderful if your energy could be spent in helping! - - :mad:

I tried the feedback but their auto-response says that they won't respond further.

That was an automated link in his post.

Dude,

you need to relax. digital-flex was only trying to help. Call their support number. you will be surprised how much a simple phone call can fix.

It may very well be an auto-reply but it is still utterly utterly useless. If he is a friend of yours perhaps you could wise him up. I notice your kind reply does not help either. Is there another forum that's better suited to helping?

ADDED: I really don't think that an International 'phone call should be necessary, dude!

Last edited:

It may very well be an auto-reply but it is still utterly utterly useless. If he is a friend of yours perhaps you could wise him up. I notice your kind reply does not help either. Is there another forum that's better suited to helping?

ADDED: I really don't think that an International 'phone call should be necessary, dude!

First of all I was trying to help you. You do realize that talking to an ACTUAL PERSON is more helpful than waiting for a reply to an email. It is also much faster. Isn't that what you want, talk to a human being rather than getting automated replies?

The number is toll free 866-486-6866.

Second of all, this is a community of respectful people. Your comment was uncalled for and very disrespectful especially for someone who is new here.

One way or another to get the map he'll have to contact TomTom. I just don't understand why he is being so hostile to regular people that don't even work for the company that are, out of the kindness of community, trying to help.

I wouldn't want to meet this guy on the street.

What link? I don't see a link. Wait a minute...It was an ad. DF didn't send it to you, Google did. If it didn't help you complain to them.

Why would contacting the seller, when you have a complaint about their product, be useless? Besides, you are mistaken. If you bought a map from TT you can download it as many times as you like, for up to a year. It probably is on your computer.

That goes too far.

You turn up here, a community forum, asking for help. Someone asks you the most obvious and sensible question (in trying to help you), within 20 minutes of your post, and you give him grief for it??

I think you have a serious misunderstanding. This isn't paid-for TomTom support! This is a community of volunteers who are willing to help people with problems out of the goodness of their hearts. You have no right to demand anything from them, any more than somebody collecting for charity can demand larger donations from contributors.

If you want to demand help, I suggest you do it with the people who you have given your money to. That is not this forum.

I do not know of any other forum where this sort of attitude is going to make people to want to help you. Good luck with that.

IMO, DF has been very kind (not to mention patient) and given you more help than you deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question