almost silent voice

TomTom Model(s)
TTN6 w/PalmTX W/ G-Sat BT-359
I have a request.

Does anyone have an almost completely silent voice? Example: all commands are silent except for the "you have reached your destination" command.

Or is there a way to edit existing voices to do this??

I have browsed this section and have not been able to find a thread to help in this request.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

I have a request.

Does anyone have an almost completely silent voice? Example: all commands are silent except for the "you have reached your destination" command.

Or is there a way to edit existing voices to do this??

I have browsed this section and have not been able to find a thread to help in this request.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

This link is to 'silent voice' which will mute all audible sounds from your unit except for poi warnings. Not precisely what you've asked for but pretty close.

http://www.gpsice.co.uk/silentvoice.html

Thanks for replying so quickly. I already have the silent voice. :) I was hoping to find a way to have the "you have reached your destination" phrase.

This link is to 'silent voice' which will mute all audible sounds from your unit except for poi warnings. Not precisely what you've asked for but pretty close.

http://www.gpsice.co.uk/silentvoice.html

I've done it!

I finally thought of a way to get what you wanted. A silent file apart from when you have reached your destination.

I have created the file and tested it on my PDA - it works.

The only problem I can see is the you don't get the "In three hundred yards" bit of the message, just Buffy saying "You have reached your destination"

PM me and I'll send an email to you with the three files attached (bmp, chk and vif) - all called data100.

(Thought you colonials may need a bit of help from the 'old country'):rolleyes:

Cheers,

Replace voice with beep

I was wondering if you could help me with a voice file which will only beep in stead of the instructions. Garmin had something similar: it beeps and the on the screen you can see what will be the next instruction. I know one has to create these xx number of voice files, some of them with a short beep and combine it as a tomtom file, but I don't have the equipment/ability to do this.

Christiaan

I've done it!

I finally thought of a way to get what you wanted. A silent file apart from when you have reached your destination.

I have created the file and tested it on my PDA - it works.

The only problem I can see is the you don't get the "In three hundred yards" bit of the message, just Buffy saying "You have reached your destination"

PM me and I'll send an email to you with the three files attached (bmp, chk and vif) - all called data100.

(Thought you colonials may need a bit of help from the 'old country'):rolleyes:

Cheers,

Christiaan,

I have created a beep only file for you, and anyone else who wants it.

Email me with your email address and I'll send the three files that you need.

(See the Beep Voice' thread - zip file attached with the three files in it - just unzip and rename the files).

Cheers,

Last edited:

Ask a Question