Allpoint Network ATMs

I recently purchased a tomtom one, and I thought it would be great if there was a POI database for Allpoint Network ATMs.

http://www.allpointnetwork.com/atmcoverage.html

I guess they have a lot, so it might be a pretty big database. What do you guys think? I use this network because of ING direct, and they have ATMs in some pretty random places like bars and bookstores. Plus they're free, so I'd rather go there than some surcharge ATM. But that's beside the point. Thanks.

This is a difficult one to do. I tried to use poi2go and I get no results. The only way to do it is by making it as a manual POI which will take weeks to compile.

I emailed allpoint and they said:
Unfortunately we cannot provide a complete listing of ATM locations. We are however, working with location distributors to provide points of interest to GPS units.

Kind of sucks for now. If I have a list of places with name and address, can I compile a POI list manually for a specific region? They only return 50 results per search, and I can import these search results into a spreadsheet. Can I make a database from that? Thanks.

Yes this is possible to do.
There are websites online that will geocode the address into gps cordinates.
Some sites will list the information with the address in one line. The websites on these ATMs will have the address in the standard 3 lines. You need to edit so it appears in one line. What I do is make two columns. One column is the complete address in one row. the next column is the description I want the POI to say: name of business, phone # and complete address. U will only copy and paste the column of the complete address on the geocode site. The other information is used when making the POI using poiedit.

I might get very engulfed in this... But it doesn't sound too hard to do, I guess it's just a matter of searching in a large enough area to build the results I need. Thanks for the info.

I made a poi file that's as close to complete for Colorado as I can muster. It's kind of a dumb way to do it, it took maybe 4 hours to do.

Attachments

• allpoint_colorado.zip
    9.2 KB · Views: 317

Ask a Question