Aires in France

TomTom Model(s)
GO LIVE CAMPER/CARAVAN
I have a GOLIVE CAMPER&CARAVAN .
Is it possible to add Aires to the POI list? If yes then how please.

Sorry, is Aires some sort of custom ov2 file? If so, you can addit via Add Community Content

Thanks for your rapid reply. "AIRES" are Campsites in France similar to "STELLPLATZ" in Germany.

Well, as I said, if you can find a custom ov2 file with the locations, it can be added with the Add Community content link in the desktop's MyTT icon.

As dhn said, if you have an .ov2 file for AIRES, rename it in Explorer with a preceding "_" (underscore, no quotation marks).
That way it get's to the top of the POI list, ahead of TT supplied "Airport", etc.

Thanks but I am not understanding the technical response. Are you able to give me more help please?

Go here:

http://www.gps-data-team.com/poi/france/accommodation/Aire_Camping_Car.html

Click on 'Download POI File' button

In the next screen that appears:

See the tomtom symbol on the right side?

Download the first two items: POI .bmp and POI.ov2

Save them on your computer in a location you remember (temp folder? or desktop?)

Then connect your unit to computer. Open MyTomtom. Click on Add Community content in the DESKTOP icon.

A window on your browser will open. Under POIS, in turn add both files you downloaded to your computer

I hope I understood correctly. If yes, here it goes.

I do not know your device but presume that you use the MyTomTom Support Application when you connect to your computer, not HOME2.

NOTE, I have not done the following as I am not interested in that POI.

Go to http://www.gps-data-team.com/poi/france/accommodation/Aire_Camping_Car.html

Click Download, select your computer operating system, select United Kingdom, then Download.

Once the file is in the download folder on your computer, use your virus checker before opening it.

There should 2 files with the identical name. One with the extension .ov2 and the other with .bmp.
Add the underscore to the .ov2 only.

Run your MyTomTom application on your computer, connect your device via the USB.
Click on the tomTom icon in the tray. Wait until the popup says "Your navigation device is up to date." then click on Add community content.
Your browser or a new tab will open.
Click the blue [+] Add POI. Click Browse and select the _Aires.ov2 (?) file and click Install. Do the same with the Aires.bmp file. Click Close.
You can now close the tab/browser.

On your TomTom go to Settings > right > right > tap Show POI on map
Your Aires POI should now be the first one in the list.

You can use your own icon for the POI as long as it is not smaller than 16 x 16 pixels or larger than 44 x 44.

I have a GOLIVE CAMPER&CARAVAN .
Is it possible to add Aires to the POI list? If yes then how please.

I have a GO910. When connected via TTHome, I can use "Add Traffic, Voices...etc,/ POIs/ Search "Aires", without the quotes and take a look at what appears - several on page #1 of 4 Searching for "aires". brings upsome "concessionaires", "veterinaires"..., obviously not required.

@Pater... Yours is a different model, that uses a different PC application (Home) So they are not the right instructions for Bookman!

@Arno... Why did you say to only rename the .ov2 file? You need to keep the names of the .ov2 and the .bmp the same as eachother, otherwise the icon won't get used.

@Bookman... Just to confirm, the only reason for changing the filenames would be to put the Ayres at the top of the alphabetical list. There is no need to do so otherwise...

@Arno... Why did you say to only rename the .ov2 file? You need to keep the names of the .ov2 and the .bmp the same as eachother, otherwise the icon won't get used.
You are right, Andy. Good on you for catching it.
The name before the ,ov2 and .bmp MUST be identical.

I have a GO910. When connected via TTHome, I can use "Add Traffic, Voices...etc,/ POIs/ Search "Aires", without the quotes and take a look at what appears - several on page #1 of 4 Searching for "aires". brings upsome "concessionaires", "veterinaires"..., obviously not required.

Yes, there is still a POI list available for those users that are still using Home, and Home will even download and move the *.ov2 and *.bmp file to the map folder for you. But the list that is available by Home is only a part of the whole universe of POI files available for TomTom, cannot be used by owners of the newer models, and the list itself isn't very easy to use. So in addition, we often point to other sites with better ordered and (often) more complete lists.

I don't know how current this list is, but here's a site specific to Aires campgrounds that includes TomTom POI files:
http://www.airetoday.co.uk/satnav.html

Ask a Question