Advice on a Car Kit

I'm planning a cross-country road trip this fall, travelling from near Philadelphia, PA to Anaheim, CA. I will be using the TomTom iPhone app on my iPhone 4S to guide me out. However, I was looking for advice on what would be the best car kit to get. Currently, I have a cheap vent mount that I use. I find that I like the vent mount because it's easy enough to see the sceen, but I don't have the phone blocking my vision of the road at all. I have seen both the TomTom and Magellan car kits that enhance the GPS signal and have hands free calling. However, it looks like both of them use suction cups. I have found Kensington has the Assist One which has the vent mount option, but does not enhance the GPS signal. My questions are:

1) Do either the TomTom or Magellan kits have a vent mount option that you can get (keep in mind that I will be using a rental car on the trip.)?
2) Is there anything that could be purchased with the Kensington mount that would enhance the GPS signal?
3) How needed is a GPS enhancer with an iPhone 4S?

Thank you for your help and opinions.

my advice is to go and look for a brodit sollution for your car and phone

brodit makes several clips wich can be easyly removed (if you sell the car on ) are not in the way and are imho the best you can get

the problem with gps is that it has to find a good signal
i use the brodit clip and tom tom holder for my XL "1", XL "2" and TT go 720
in my car (citroën C1)

just google brodit clip in google / bing / ask or what ever search engine you use
a good carkit with a steady power supply to the iphone is the best but costs a lot more cash i believe garcom makes these for several devices

i got mine at carkitstunter in holland cheap, good , fast shipping

6929572104_d5c924d7b8_c.jpg

it is directly accessible to me at this place and the gps works great here and i can take the device out and store it out of side

Ask a Question