Advanced Lane Guidance on 720 ?

Well, you may have to update your map to see current information. (while 810 may have had some IQ data imbedded in it, more data gets added with each map release. There have been 5, maybe 6 maps, since 810 with another due within a month.)

Thanks for the feed back dhn I really appreciate it. Contacted tomtom and they got me up and going with advance lane guidance.

im new to this site and its been really helpful. i just purchased the tomtom xxl540 world travel edition since im planning a trip to spain, italy and france. could you guyz tell me if the ALG and the real time picture option is available in those countries? thank you in advance.:confused:

Few days gone by not even one reply to my question? What a great site this is, and the moderator was complaining about the guy saying I have no time to check this site for his answer.

Those of us in the U.S. aren't 100% sure which countries in Europe have ALG so far -- and I've never seen a list on TomTom's site that says which do and which don't (and it's not that I haven't looked for it!). Am hoping that Mike A. pops in since he's at least on the right side of the Atlantic. If not, a call to TomTom might get us all some answers we don't yet have, and I'm sure a few other folks would be interested to hear what you discover.

Few days gone by not even one reply to my question? What a great site this is, and the moderator was complaining about the guy saying I have no time to check this site for his answer.
Well, this forum is a little better than some other kinds in as much as most do not reply with pure speculation but since it is a peer-to-peer forum, not sponsored by TomTom, would rather let someone who's done it reply.
The short answer is yes, but that will be of very little practical help as TomTom introduced the 930 in May of 2008 saying that there was ALG in Canada.
I made them supply a free map to me two quarters later as that is when they added an ALG instance in Canada. That one in October only applied to a single instance in the Maritimes but they could legally insist that it was available in Canada.
Only since this spring (I believe the 845 map) does it have some ALG in Toronto, the largest Metropolitan area in Canada. With the introduction of the 850 map ALG is just about on any thoroughfare in Toronto.

If you now ask is it available in Canada, the answer is yes but, is it available in Saskatoon, SK, I don't know only someone who's been there and seen it on her/his TomTom can reply with certaincy.

As far as Spain is concerned I would ask at yourTomTom Forum | About your TomTom GO, XL, ONE and RIDER! which has predominantly British posters, a lot of whom have been to France and Spain recently.

Thanks alot for your response guys. as far as i checked with the customer support which is the same as USA support (I asked the girl and she told me they are in USA) she didnt know anything about the european maps or options. she just kept telling me to go over there and ask them. which is kind of stupid because you need it when you get there not to go there and start looking for a store and hoope to god they have what ur looking for. I asked for fuel prices option and traffic receiver and same thing, go over there and find out yourself. :(

as far as i checked with the customer support which is the same as USA support (I asked the girl and she told me they are in USA) she didnt know anything about the european maps or options.
My Western_and_Central_Europe map is an 805 from the Spring of '08 but there I can get ALG in the UK, not Reality View (the overhead sign boards).
The likely hood of it being available in Spain is very high as the British and Germans would scream bloody murder if it wouldn't work in their own vacation lands.

If you have the W&CE maps, why don't you Change preferences, Manage maps, Switch map and select Prepare route A .. B of a specific segment of your planned trip where the road splits to major cities and then use Show route demo at 500 % to see if ALG works there.

I just tried that from at 500 %, Amorebieta to Bilbao, going past Exit 19 and 20 of the Autopista del Cant?brico but my 2+ year old map does not show lanes there..

Please let us know how you make out with that test.

PS
I tried last night but made the mistake of letting it Update my GO.
That W&CE map had over 56 MB of Map Shares on it and hadn't finished by the time I went to bed.

Last edited:
Just got back from 2 weeks in Italy and was using the Western_Europe_2GB map on a 540 World Traveller. It does have ALG and Reality View for Italy.

Thanks, Arno! Italy was very hot but a splendid trip to the places we visited and, as well, Paris for a day and a half.

Ask a Question