Advanced Lane Guidance on 720 ?

after updates, when should this kick in with the nice view that actually looks like a highway with the green signage? i am just seeing arrows on bottom of screen.

With a new (ish) map any that are v8xx and latest application (8,351) it should display both Lane Assist (the arrows) and Reality View (the fancy static pictures) but not all junctions are covered, in the UK its quite good coverage but there are huge gaps where nothing happens. In Canada Reality View doesn't work at all as no junctions are covered as I understand it - Where are you located? - Mike

Mike, in Canada....... NEITHER the ALG (Lane Assist) OR Reality View exist in the current NA map.

Why not ?

so no matter what its not an option on N.American maps? that sucks, any idea why? i am in cleveland ohio. while i'm at it, are there any "FREE" speed trap POI's to download? everyone i see there is a charge.:confused:

Cleveland is NOT Canada!

Lane Assist is available on US mapping as is Reality View for those intersections where data has been imbedded in the map.

so dhn?

is it available or not? you said they dont exist in the NA map then you said it is available where data has been embedded.

In the States:

1. Advanced Lane Guidance, also known as Lane Assist IS avaialble in all mapping.
2. Reality View will appear from time to time, usually highway exits in all States.

I never said it was NOT available in NA. I DID say that Canadian maps do NOT have either feature.

Clear enough????

In the States:

1. Advanced Lane Guidance, also known as Lane Assist IS avaialble in all mapping.
2. Reality View will appear from time to time, usually highway exits in all States.

I never said it was NOT available in NA. I DID say that Canadian maps do NOT have either feature.

Clear enough????

as far as i know on LOng Island NY Reality View shows up on the long island expressway only. The other major East West highways do not show this reality view.

dhn ?

you always help with any issues i have and i am grateful, but why does it seem like you have a problem with me? your responses are great but there is an attitude there. why?

Advance lane guidance

Hello I have the tomtom go 730 and my advance lane guidance is not working can anyone help me out thanks. I would like to have it up and working before July when I go on vacation I just went to south Dakota and the advance lane guidance did not appear once. If I don't respond back please send me a message in my inbox thanks as I am really busy.

Well, if you are too busy to check back here, guess I won't bother providing any guidance here. :cool:

We've nothing else to do David. We should start sending out personal responses via email or pm to all the posters. You first:D

No dhn I did not mean it like that I meant respond the same day sorry. but anyways I am off work for a couple days so I will be able to check the response.

No dhn I did not mean it like that I meant respond the same day sorry. but anyways I am off work for a couple days so I will be able to check the response.

Well..........ok.

With a 730, I need to know the application version and the map and its version number. Tap the satellite bars to see the application installed and tap the version number to see the map and its version number.

With application 8.351 and the latest map 845, there should be advanced lane guidance and reality view, if available for the area you are in. Mostly on main highways.

Look through preferences on your unit. On page 3, it should say 'Hide Lane Images'. That setting, convoluted as it seems, means that Reality View WILL show, if available.

Well..........ok.

With a 730, I need to know the application version and the map and its version number. Tap the satellite bars to see the application installed and tap the version number to see the map and its version number.

With application 8.351 and the latest map 845, there should be advanced lane guidance and reality view, if available for the area you are in. Mostly on main highways.

Look through preferences on your unit. On page 3, it should say 'Hide Lane Images'. That setting, convoluted as it seems, means that Reality View WILL show, if available.

Application Version 8.351
Map Version : v810.1907

Well, you may have to update your map to see current information. (while 810 may have had some IQ data imbedded in it, more data gets added with each map release. There have been 5, maybe 6 maps, since 810 with another due within a month.)

Ask a Question