Advance Lane guidence

TomTom Model(s)
Go 730
Has any owner in Australia seen this advance Lane guidence happening in anywhere in Australia on go 730?

I like to know if my unit even does that, and I would like an example if you could give a planned route showing this happening in Demo.

Cant help having the feeling that go 730 feels like any lower model tomtom, especially for a user in Perth where the Traffic accessory is not applicable yet.

I am following up with TomTom on this topic.

They have asked for my version and device code etc which I given to them.

What are the chances I have a 720 unit in a 730 box?

Could anyone tell the physical differences besides model number?
I think I could see the go 730 has a black trimming around the screen, but other than that it looks very identicle.

I have not seen my unit showing TomTom, portable GPS car navigation systems
Step 2 is missing, and unless it only happens on specific places I have asked for an example route that tomtom can show me on my unit. Feels like I am using a 720 rather than 730 if thats the case.:(

I have not long (under a month) purchased a GO 730, and also wandered if the Lane Guidence works in Aus.
Havnt used it on a section of road that would have Lane Guidence, but I just did a "Demo" from Calder Park through to the eastern suburbs of Melbourne, and it did show large green arrows where I would expect lane guidence to notify.
I would suggest that the actual Lane Guidence notification does not show up on the demo screen, but hopefully in real use.
I am interested to hear what reply you get from TomTom...

On the device details screen (tap on the satelite bars, then tap version), my TT lists "TomTom GO 730" in the upper left corner. Check that out to see you got the right model.

I am getting those arrows. MAYBE is ONLY when you using 2D maps it will change to 3D for that instance to tell you?

Yes I checked my version it is Go 730.

I may think Advance lane guidance may just be the arrows on the status bar when already in 3D mode.

I am not sure what to expect when already in 3D mode, I expected a similiar picture like that featured with arrows blinking but I dont see that happening.

EDIT: I checked the explaination, it shows 3D navigation to that special image. So I stand corrected, it has not once happened in Perth on a multiple motorway lane. (disappointed)

I dont expect it everywhere, but on those multiple lanes that advance lane guidance did not happened for me. I am wondering whether this is false advertising for us in Australia.

I will wait for TomTom's reply, I dont care even if its just NSW or VIC that shows these lanes but at least a demo would be appreciated. Make me feel that we paid only for the FM which is also half stuffed. Not a good start for features for me, if I know this is the case, I stick with the XL version will do and save me the $100.00

Already gave my survey to TomTom about my first impressions. I hope they start fixing these issues.

Last edited:
Update

For Australian Users, an example would be

City Centre Jindalee (Brisbane) to City Centre Mt Ommaney

Plan a route with the above locations to see the Advance Lane guidance in Demo.

Repeat in DEMO it should show.

This was in an Australian forum, not TomTom support. slow!!!

But further to that, I believed I am being ripped off in Perth as there is no Advance Lane Guidance, and also being ripped off of my fm. Ugh! What a start.

Hey, don't feel bad......In Canada, there is no ALG on any road in NA map 8.10, 8.15, the new 8.25 or in the release after this one, apparently!!

Update

For Australian Users, an example would be

City Centre Jindalee (Brisbane) to City Centre Mt Ommaney

Plan a route with the above locations to see the Advance Lane guidance in Demo.

Repeat in DEMO it should show.

This was in an Australian forum, not TomTom support. slow!!!

But further to that, I believed I am being ripped off in Perth as there is no Advance Lane Guidance, and also being ripped off of my fm. Ugh! What a start.

Interesting... I'll give that a go later. Just have to sort out an issue after firmware update?????
Whats the problem with your FM? Mine works great...

Hey, don't feel bad......In Canada, there is no ALG on any road in NA map 8.10, 8.15, the new 8.25 or in the release after this one, apparently!!

Anyone know when V8.25 Aussy map will be released?????

Ah... you didnt know you cant play voice commands on your FM on the latest updates? Go check.

On the above issue, I just spoke to TomTom support, they are removing and giving Australia and US FM support again. :rolleyes:

On Advance Lane Guidance, I was told only a few place in Australia got Tagged, (imo poor introduction if not done contry wide prior to release) But got to live with it.

Cross fingers they get things fixed.

Ah... you didnt know you cant play voice commands on your FM on the latest updates? Go check.

On the above issue, I just spoke to TomTom support, they are removing and giving Australia and US FM support again. :rolleyes:

On Advance Lane Guidance, I was told only a few place in Australia got Tagged, (imo poor introduction if not done contry wide prior to release) But got to live with it.

Cross fingers they get things fixed.

Oh yes, the voice commands through the FM. It was the same with the previous firmware, but it doesnt worry me to much. When I play my MP3's through the FM transmitter, it drops the volume of the song when there is a voice command and I can hear the command from the device clearly anyway. If TomTom are giving Aus and US voice command FM support, what would be nice is an FM radio through the FM transmitter with transmitted voice command, as well as the MP3 playback, hands free phone etc. That would make it a great all round package for those who still want to listen to their fav radio station as well.

Yes works here in QLD

I am running a 720 with Navcore 8.412.1236 and Australian Maps 8.15.2086 and it sure does work a treat. I tested it on a trip from the Gold Coast to Brisbane and appears for Logonholme and the Ipswich Motorway junctions and looks cool.

Tomtom has not gotten back to me and is still under research.

There wasnt ANY in Perth despite some major lanes that would help. Hope they work on this.

Ask a Question