Adhesive Disc?

TomTom Model(s)
Tom Tom one 3rd edition
My TT1 3rd edition arrived today. I have ordered a sandbag dash mount for it, but I see that it comes with an adhesive disc? I thought the rubber windshield mount would stick directly to the window, but am I supposed to stick the adhesive disc to the window and then stick the windshield mount to the disc? I'm having a blonde moment!

Right. The adhesive disc sticks to the dash, THEN you put the mount on the disc instead of the windshield. :)

blonds

My TT1 3rd edition arrived today. I have ordered a sandbag dash mount for it, but I see that it comes with an adhesive disc? I thought the rubber windshield mount would stick directly to the window, but am I supposed to stick the adhesive disc to the window and then stick the windshield mount to the disc? I'm having a blonde moment!

So, it was a blond moment....I had the same one when I first saw the disk.

Has anyone actually used the adhesive disc? I've wanted to try it out but I'm afraid that it will get permanently stuck on my dash and I won't be able to remove it or clean it completely if/when I get a new car! :)

Has anyone actually used the adhesive disc? I've wanted to try it out but I'm afraid that it will get permanently stuck on my dash and I won't be able to remove it or clean it completely if/when I get a new car! :)

I agree. Too risky. The sandbag mount has a good reputation. It should be here in a few days. I'll use the windshield suction mount until then.

Alcohol should do a good job taking off the disk. You just have to keep the sticky tape wet while you work it loose.

I added the adhesive disc to my dash just above the Radio/CD. TomTom sits on it perfectly and there is no visibility loss. The TomTom actually blends in so that you hardly notice it at all.

I added the adhesive disc to my dash just above the Radio/CD. TomTom sits on it perfectly and there is no visibility loss. The TomTom actually blends in so that you hardly notice it at all.

How do you feel about having that disk permanently on your dash?

j

How do you feel about having that disk permanently on your dash?

j

It's really not a problem at all. I leave it there with the TomTom suction mount and it just kinda blends in. Also, I read a post in another Forum where a member used a syringe partially filled with alcohol to loosen the disc and it came off clean with no problems. The beauty of it is its size and the fact that it doesn't impede on visibility at all. Also, there's no contraption to worry about...just a small black disc and the suction mount.
:)

Yeah, I have the adhesive disc mouted vertically above left of the instrument cluster on my 9-5. With the stock mount on the disc, my one v3 pops out just to the top right of my steering wheel. It's MUCH more convinient than the dash or the windshield.

I have the adhesive mount on the dashboard of my F150 truck. Great visibility and I'm not worried about removal, if I should ever sell the truck. I'll get it up somehow!

mounting contraptions

It's really not a problem at all. I leave it there with the TomTom suction mount and it just kinda blends in. Also, I read a post in another Forum where a member used a syringe partially filled with alcohol to loosen the disc and it came off clean with no problems. The beauty of it is its size and the fact that it doesn't impede on visibility at all. Also, there's no contraption to worry about...just a small black disc and the suction mount.
:)

That is interesting about the alcohol, and sounds like it would work. What do you mean about 'no contraption" though? I was looking at my dash, and I don't really see a place that is better than the windshield. My only issue is with the windshield how easy it is for someone to see that I have a GPS. I have finally gotten the hang of getting the TT onto its mount, but it would be nice if my passenger could have access too, especially to search for POIs.

j

That is interesting about the alcohol, and sounds like it would work. What do you mean about 'no contraption" though? I was looking at my dash, and I don't really see a place that is better than the windshield. My only issue is with the windshield how easy it is for someone to see that I have a GPS. I have finally gotten the hang of getting the TT onto its mount, but it would be nice if my passenger could have access too, especially to search for POIs.

j

My Jeep Grand Cherokee has a big (deep) dash. The TT sits directly above the radio and is easily accessible to both driver and passenger.

Hey there... I recently got a TT One and I used the adhesive disc. Not really reading into the disc much I ended up getting a new car and just left the disc in the car figuring I could get another one down in stores... Now i cant find one anywhere without buying the whole damn mount.. any suggestions?? I loved the disc and i'd love to get another one.

adhesive disc

Just got a tomtom for christmas. Just got a 2004 chevy malibu maxx. I mounted my tomtom on my dash to the right, right next to the instrument panel. When I drive it is just below where I am looking but it blends in nice with the road ahead. I used the adhesive disc and it is working great.

Ask a Question