adhesive disc problems???

i just got a tomtom xls...

the suction cup stays stuck to my windshield....but falls off the adhesive disc within about ten minutes...

:confused:

anyone else having problems???

I usually end up licking the suction cup before attaching it to the adhesive disc, that's the only way I can get it to stick. :D

Ok, well... I don't actually lick it, but I spit on it a bit.

I usually end up licking the suction cup before attaching it to the adhesive disc, that's the only way I can get it to stick. :D

Ok, well... I don't actually lick it, but I spit on it a bit.

for the guys who mentioned licking it....cleaning with alc...or having your wife lick it...

did it fall off easily before you started doing this??

so these methods fixed the problem?

i don't want it falling and breaking...

How does the disk adhere to the dash. Is there double back tape ? Do they stick well and when you take them off do they leave marks?

it doesn't stick well on the "new" style of dashboards (like on my Dodge Caliber)

but then, sticking it on the windshield makes it too far for easy-operation

thinking about pro clip...

That is the problem I have. Mine is in a 2001 Grand Prix with a high degree of angle in the windshield so it is a mile away from me to make any changes. I can mount in in front of my gaugages if I can get a disk to stick well enough as if it fall it falls all the way to the center console with hard impact.

Ask a Question