Address inaccuracies

What is being done or can be done to correct inaccuracies in the data base of addresses? My house and three different destinations I have put in led me to wrong places. Two of them were over a mile off. Mapquest does the same but google map is right on so the correct data base is out there.

Yes, I can make address changes after I get to a place and find that it is 1/4 to a mile from where it said. Does that make sense? Shouldn't it lead me to where I want to go within a small reasonable error? The way it is now, I can't trust it to get me to a place I have not been before. I've yet to have it be correct around my city which I know. What happens when I wander further away? Back to my original question, what is beiing done to fix the inaccurate address data base? Today, for example, it said the entered address didn't exist and wanted to give me an address about 2 miles short of the destination. I then drove to the address that didn't exist. ??
Charley

I have put in addresses and they didn't come up or as you mentioned did not exist (I do have the current map upgrade USA only v840.2561) so I will just put in cross streets to get me close to where I want to go and then look for address then do a map correction.........

Yes, I can make address changes after I get to a place and find that it is 1/4 to a mile from where it said. Does that make sense? Shouldn't it lead me to where I want to go within a small reasonable error? The way it is now, I can't trust it to get me to a place I have not been before. I've yet to have it be correct around my city which I know. What happens when I wander further away? Back to my original question, what is beiing done to fix the inaccurate address data base? Today, for example, it said the entered address didn't exist and wanted to give me an address about 2 miles short of the destination. I then drove to the address that didn't exist. ??
Charley

Tomtom's map division (Teleatlas) drives the roads recording information in attempts to keep improving their maps. My personal experience is that their maps stunk in the US in 2007, and have improved dramatically over the past two years. Seems like they've been focusing their improvement efforts on adding missing roads, however, since I haven't seen many misnumbering corrections being made recently.

If you post example addresses, we can let you know if they are corrected or not in the latest map (version 840), and if not, you can report it via mapshare, and via mapinsight.teleatlas.com

Actually I suspect TeleAtlas has cut back on physically driving the roads, indicated by the lack of corrections on real addresses. Instead they're becoming more reliant on user travel stats coupled with satellite imagery. I don't have any solid evidence of this, so take it as an educated guess.

Ask a Question