Adding New Traffic Camera = Reboot?

Hello All and Happy 4th of July (for those of you here in the states)

I was driving to visit a friend yesterday, and I saw that there was a mobile speed camera on the side of the road. I have the speed and traffic camera feature enabled on my One XL, and so I pushed the little "mark" button on the screen. It then asked if it was a fixed or mobile camera. I touched "mobile", and then.......

Nothing.

The device just locked up on that screen for a few minutes, and then did a hard reboot. Eventually it re-booted, but I saw the screen thats very similar to after you disconnect it from the computer (with the loading bar at the bottom). I then had to push the "I agree" button after the disclaimer which I only have to do after I update my maps from the computer.

Any idea what would make this reboot like this? It seems pretty odd to me, but I dont know if this is common or not. Thanks in advance!

I haven't had your issue, but your symptoms act like a full tomtom crash/reboot.

The Tomtom has a crash recovery cycle, where if the app is non-responsive for a certain number of seconds, it initiates a pin reset. This appears to be what happened to you.

Typically this issue happens when the Tomtom runs out of internal DRAM, the ONE XL only has 32mb so it could be the cause. Most of the recent Tomtoms with bluetooth have 64mb ram, perhaps the programmers forgot to test the speed camera code in app 8.010 on a 32mb device.

You could try manually installing app 8.014 from this link (same winrar extract process). It may have fixed some bugs. Beware than Tomtom never wrote an emulator for this application, so Operate my XL will not work in HOME.

have the 920 and still happens. It definately has to be a memory problem., Traffic,, remote, blue tooth, Cell. when ever everything is loaded or when unit turns on and off a few times a day during normal use.

Ask a Question