adding new home address

Hi
I have built a new home and I was wondering is there a way to make this my home starting position. The way it is now that it only looks at the last house on the street which is 343. Our house is 261. We live in the country. I just bought my gps and its a 630. So I'm just wondering how to update my maps so I can install my address. Please remember I'm new so if it can be done make it easy for me
thanks

Take the unit outside and on the road outside your house rather than in your drive, make sure its got a GPS position fix then tap Change Preferences/ Change Home Location/ My Location (its on the second page of change home address options) - Mike

Hi
I tried what you told me to do. It changed location but it doesn't allow me to change number to house. It changed from 343 to 300. I would like it to be 261. I'm the last house on this country road
thanks
Ron

Your house number is irrelevent as far as the sat nav is concerned, all it needs is the GPS position of the end of your drive where it is attached to the road netword, once this location is stored correctly when you tap Nav To/ Home it will take you to the end of your drive plus or minus a few yards - Mike

Hi
Thanks for your help. I was just playing with it so I was just wondering if I could type my number in. No big deal. My house must not be in the maps
thanks
Ron

Ask a Question