Adding Music

I know this is a repeat question probably often, but I just added a 2GB SD that I want to just add music to. It appears though that I have to back up what is ont the resident drive to it and that defeats the purpose of the added space for music.

What is the best way to do this??

Sorry about that gang. I did a search (which I think I should have done in the first place) and found lots on the subject.

One thing I am not sure of is that when I ask to see the Tom Tom's contents and it lists maps, voices etc, it does not show me the music resident on the internal hard drive. How can I delete the sample songs???

Are you looking in the mp3 folder?

Also, for some reason, some users have found the sample files *hidden*!!

In Control Panel-->folder Options-->View-->Advanced, ensure hidden files/folders are showing.

Are you looking in the mp3 folder?
Also, for some reason, some users have found the sample files *hidden*!!

In Control Panel-->folder Options-->View-->Advanced, ensure hidden files/folders are showing.
Watch it, someone will invariably tell you that he cannot find that option in HOME.
;->)

I was able to just create a file "mp3" on the 2GB SD. (I could not get SDHCs to work) I saved a bunch of music on the card using windows explorer and then I put the sd in the TT. It worked fine. I went into the windows explorer again and found the ttom drive and opened the mp3 folder there and set it to show hidden files. I then deleted the sample music. Life is good.

Ask a Question