Adding more internal Storage?

Discussion in 'General TomTom Discussion' started by maxmcleod, Nov 30, 2007.

1. maxmcleod

maxmcleod

Anyone know what kind of Memory cards are used as the internal storage for the TT1's?
    I know you can break open other models and add a new higher capacity card to the internal storage and have it work... can it be done with this model?

I know other models use Compact Flash...
    I have a couple 2 gig CF cards laying around from black friday, would like to know if they would double my storage...

maxmcleod, Nov 30, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. maxmcleod

Wiley

TomTom internal memory is not upgradeable. It's soldered on the motherboard.

TomTom's internal memory is built into the motherboard circuitry. There are no user-serviceable components that can be changed without deconstructing the device.

I'm curious... What other manufacturer(s) do you know of that use internal system memory "cards"...that are accessible to the owner/user?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
    Wiley, Nov 30, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. maxmcleod

Bobcat

adding SD card slot?

So is there a way to add an SD card slot to the new TT 1 3rd edition?

Bobcat, Dec 1, 2007
  4. maxmcleod

Wiley

Yikes, I don't think there is a good option.

Are you talking about a hack to physically add a slot, or to attach an add-on device?

To my knowledge there is no hack to add a slot. Would you REALLY want to attempt that? :eek: I'd simply go get an LE and sell off the v3?

I'm not aware of an external device that can provide a card slot and a compatible file-management operating system...other than a laptop, mac or PC. Again, the cost for such a device would probably be prohibitive and begs the question if an LE would not be a better choice for you.
    :rolleyes:

Wiley, Dec 1, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question