adding maps to tt 0ne le

TomTom Model(s)
Go 910 and XXL 540 TM
Adding the newes and best maps to TT 1 Le

Hello All!! New to this Gps stuff and to this fine forum:)

I bought The tt1 v3, took it back the next day and got a tt1 le. The question I have is I want the big map of usa, 1,5 gig I know I have to put it on a 2gb sd disk. I read the instructions about how to install on a 2 gb card, but thats with a cd, I was planning on d/l the map from the tomtom web site How do I install to the 2 gb card? Will the operating system still work on the built in memeroy? Will I have to install that on the card too? Since I wo'nt have the cd how will I get the os on the card or do I just load that from my back up?

Will that built in gig be useless or will I be able to use it,(I read once you put in a card the built in mem is gone) I suppose I could just remove the card then put in extra stuff that I might need latter like extra sound pois etc.

One more thing is ther any mexico maps .

Thanks!!

Last edited:
First the bad news: no Mexico maps.

Now for the map questions. You will want to buy the North America map. It will go on a 2 gb card along with the operating system files.

When your unit is connected to the computer, shut down the Home program if it starts up. Then, using Windows Explorer, the TomTom will show up as an external hard drive. Copy the contents of the internal memory (but NOT the USA_Canada map folder) to a folder on your hard drive. Then copy all these files on to your new sd card (The TomTom can act as a card reader too.) Add the new map folder.

When you insert the sd card, the TomTom boots up from the card, bypassing completely the internal memory. When you remove the sd card, it reverts to reading the internal memory. You can't access both the internal memory AND the card at the same time on the One series. (You can on the 720.)

Thanks for the very quick reply!
Another question will ther be space avalible to add poi's and other things? Will the one work with a 4 gb card, then ther will be no worry.
Thanks!

Thanks for the very quick reply!
Another question will ther be space avalible to add poi's and other things? Will the one work with a 4 gb card, then ther will be no worry.
Thanks!
I'm still a newbie to the TT1, but I believe that the LE will work with any SD (not SDHC) card. The largest I've been able to find in the SD format is 4GB, so you should be okay. FYI, www.newegg.com had some good deals on cards.

Ask a Question