Adding maps to Go Live 1000/1005

I wish TomTom had a section on there website with video tutoring so show us inexperienced users who are new to the brand that there is nothing to fear in maps swapping because you guys are scaring the bejesus out of me. :(

We don't mean to do that. It's just none of us have experience in doing the map transfer. I would think that when you connect your unit to the computer and the MyTomTom web link opens, the menu item for Manage Content will be seamless in instructing what to do to: a) move your existing map off the unit to the server (to be retrieved when you need it) AND then some selection choice to add a different map to your unit.

We don't mean to do that. It's just none of us have experience in doing the map transfer.
... and we do have experience with the older platform units where the process is a lot more transparent and any problems can, if the user exercises any care at all, be easily recovered.

We know (we think) how the new platform units are supposed to function, but because the ability to deal with maps is SO new, and since we don't have units that we've been exercising in this way, we don't have the same confidence in the new platform that we have with the old where we know exactly (to the byte) what is expected to happen, and how to deal with anything that comes up.

Ask a Question