Add SD card - Lose splash, voice, and antitheft

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720
Does anyone know why, and how to avoid, the Go 7200 doesn't show the startup splash screen, loses Susan the friendly US English computer voice, and doesn't show the antitheft screen when you shutdown? I just confirmed it by taking the card out (which has the Western Europe map and the TT application on it) and restarting. All came back. Anyone? Anyone?

Does anyone know why, and how to avoid, the Go 7200 doesn't show the startup splash screen, loses Susan the friendly US English computer voice, and doesn't show the antitheft screen when you shutdown? I just confirmed it by taking the card out (which has the Western Europe map and the TT application on it) and restarting. All came back. Anyone? Anyone?

I am guessing - you have a 720? I _THINK_ that if you copied the TT application to the card, it is looking on the card for ALL OF THE OTHER FILES. I, again, think that if you have a 720, you do not need to copy the application from the internal memory to the card. Suggestion - make a backup, again, if necessary, and then remove the application from the card, leaving the map.

Others may have better ideas.

Thanks for the idea. I wondered about that. Does that suggest that it reads the SD card first? I have the NA map on the internal and western europe on the SD. I will give it a try and report back

I am actually rather new to the 920. But a few other devices I've had "accumulate" info from Internal "memory" and External storage cards. They can complement each other. How they do that may be individual.

I've read on older TT devices, the card takes preference if used. On the newer ones, it seems to merge the data.

Again, make backups before experimenting.

Ask a Question