add new .ogg file to existing file

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom oNE V2
How do I add a new .ogg file to an existing file and where can I find the existing ones?

Do you already have the chk decompiled to show all the oggs?
This is sort of a long process, what exactly are you asking for? Can you be a bit more specific and we'll see what we can do. I don't want to post to much info if it's not what you're looking for.

Just need to add one line to an exsiting file.
I don't have a chk decompiled.
want to add red light camera ahaed.ogg.

I think I'm still confused. The oggs are in the chk file. You need to decomile that first to be able to add anything to it. But what you are trying to do should work with viftool.

I've created my own vioce file and used that to compile/decomplie the chk file

I think I'm still confused. The oggs are in the chk file. You need to decomile that first to be able to add anything to it. But what you are trying to do should work with viftool.

I've created my own vioce file and used that to compile/decomplie the chk file
Forgive me if I confused you but thats what newbies do.
Where can I get viftool?

I would try googling it....

Do you know what you are up against? Have you thought this through or just something you decided, Hey I want to add an ogg file to make this thing tell me there is a speed camera ahead.

The oggs in the chk file are for directions, they are templated to say X when Y occurs, in a script. Period.

if you want to be audio alerted for a particular POI (the speed cameras would be a POI in this case I believe) - someone correct me if I'm being a tool here...

I THINK, though I can't recall off the top of my head right now. That either someone has made something, or is working on something...specifically for the speed cameras..

Never mind to much work don't know script lang.
Quess I'll just look at screen for red light cams.

Thanks for your help..

I'm here to help. I have little doubt you will have any issues adding.editing.removing an ogg from the chk file.

Please keep me posted if you ever get it to tell you there is a speed camera ahead though! I don't have any speed cameras in this part of the woods, but if you can get that to work, there are some things I would like to try myself!

Last edited:
Never mind to much work don't know script lang.
Quess I'll just look at screen for red light cams.

Thanks for your help..

Don't give up so easily... there are other ways to accomplish what you are looking to do. Look around the forums a bit. I see you are a still new, well at least registered new. trust me, you can find a lot here!!!

Good luck!

Infact I think tripmaster has an audible you can edit... I use it if I go over a certain speed, but I the newer version has so much more to it!

People,

If you want an audio warning for a specific POI you can just add an .ogg file of the same name as the .ov2 and it will be played (instead of beep or boing) if you have the 'warn when near..' function enabled. It is a lot easier than recompiling the data.chk, trust me!

E.g.;

Redlight.ov2
Redlight.bmp
Redlight.ogg

And as usual, the Spook chimes in when it get real technical, but really isn't... and shows us all how stupid we can be sometimes.

Thanks for the tip Spook. I recall seeing this somewhere begfore, just couldn't remember if it was tested and working or if someone was trying to make it work. Now that you meantion it, my ONE does 'chime' every time I drive past a Starbucks.... :)

(Nothing to do with my recent insomnia!!)

masterx, my apologies for throwing you on a wild goose chase!

Ask a Question