Add Lifetime Maps?

TomTom Model(s)
XL340
I have a XL 340S that I purchased in 2009 before the lifetime maps were included with the device. Is there any way to purchase the lifetime map update separately? I have already purchased two years of map updates to keep the GPS current, but it hardly seems worth purchasing another annual map update package when TomTom is now offering lifetime map updates.

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure you can not add the 'M' (lifetime maps) functionality to models where it wasn't originally offered. Sorry.

Amazon sells a lifetime map update for the XL-340 series, but you must have the current map loaded before trying to apply the lifetime update. The cost is $99.95, and frankly it's cheaper to purchase a new TT with lifetime maps. I'm puzzled as to why TomTom won't directly offer the lifetime maps, but I imagine it's because they want to move people into the new Via line of units.

There was an XL340TM model, so there should be a lifetime option out there; even used to be on the TomTom site.

Ask a Question