A request for all POI files

TomTom Model(s)
XXL 335S
Hello fellow TomTom-ers,

Is it possible when uploading POI files to include how many POI it includes? Also perhaps a date of last update? This way we can all be sure if we have the latest files?

A special thank you to Pedro and Giorgio for all their hard work on these POI!

I Concur. Following the format for the Updated Tripmaster would be nice.

I small blurb about what the file contains (in detail) is an excellent idea. Instead of just "here you go"

Nice thinking fanchee!

And as always, Kudos to Pedro and Giorgio! They really do a lot of hard work getting these for you (us)!

Last edited:
I am with you on this subject. Ensures all of us that we get the best and updated from ll the hard work everyone puts in on making these pois for us.

One more request if possible.. I see it being started but not used for all. have a forum for just POI downloads in the categories.. It seems we have pois in 4-5 different forums and that as well is hard to keep track of and will also limit the same pois going up in different places which I have found. May also be easier to keep track of up to date pois as well.

Just a thought.

Foxbreakr

Just like to say, this is the BEST place for a GPS user that has a tomtom. Everything u could ask for is here and very helpful. Glad to be here!

One more request if possible.. I see it being started but not used for all. have a forum for just POI downloads in the categories.. It seems we have pois in 4-5 different forums and that as well is hard to keep track of and will also limit the same pois going up in different places which I have found. May also be easier to keep track of up to date pois as well.

Just a thought.

Good idea. Maybe Pedro can make the POI downloads stickies like the vioce downloads are, and update the downloads from there... or something like that...

Just like to say, this is the BEST place for a GPS user that has a tomtom. Everything u could ask for is here and very helpful. Glad to be here!
Thanks... it's not us...it's everyone here sharing and being a descent communtiy!

We owe this all to Jason and John for the idea! And the positive attitude to put it in motion!

Updated Pois

hi battom,

I agree with you what I sometimes I'm uncertain to do is that since some poi requests are so particular ie: some I have made for forum members like light houses or scuba diving point that I write here you go 'cause I think no one else could be interested in. However for Pois like chain restaurants , yes I agree and I will try to remember to put what areas it includes and a Last date (Update) Some like a big chain restaurant or store ie: Mcdonalds or target store can be so huge that to do a whole of U.S. could take months in the making ! Remember the thread that Pedro made about asking where you are from? What I have done most of the time is if someone asks for a Poi for let's say Sonic restaurant..... I may not have ever heard of it 'cause I lived in NY and these chain restaurants are only in certain areas of the states. So someone will call in and say hey what about Chicago? Ok I look there, and add it in an updated file and so on untill we can have a well covered Poi.......
But if you have a better idea were all ears! Some pois are very hard some easy. Some have very hard Logos and barely can be seen so I try to find or make a similar Logo. Some areas (depending the maps we have) addresses can not be found! I have a Tom Tom 510 bought in Summer '06 maybe you have one with a newer map that you bought last december and the map has been updated and the street I was looking for is now there (Am I making sence?) But with a little patience we'll have the best pois around! This is a great forum and a great bunch of members.
Happy to help with what I can.

George :cool:

I certainly wasn't making light of what you and Pedro do George... You guys rock when it comes to PIOs! Keep up the great work! I know it's hard....

Thanks guys for all your comments.
I make all POIs sticky so it's easy to find. I like the idea for categorys in which will make it really easy to spot POIs people are searching for. This however, is in turn for the admins to do.

What I can do is have revision numbers to each Thread headline. For the Redlight Cameras, I give the file itself a revision # so users know if their file is current.

I wasn't too thrilled about having all POIs into one file or so, only because I don't want to see users have access to all the hard work this community has put together and be selling it on ebay or so forth. This is why Speed Cameras are now being sold in Europe. It was once free, but users started to make profit on this.

Anyway, I like everyone's suggestion here.

The Sticky's would be a great idea... So this forum here would be for requests only and if a poi was made for a request, it would be in the other forum under a sticky in the correct category. That sounds like it would work out perfect for all of us.

Good thinkin everyone

foxbreakr

Hello fellow TomTom-ers,

Is it possible when uploading POI files to include how many POI it includes? Also perhaps a date of last update? This way we can all be sure if we have the latest files?

A special thank you to Pedro and Giorgio for all their hard work on these POI!

I have another request after a big thank you :D

THANK YOU!

Could the states or region be included in the post? I live in Maine and I keep downloading POI files that are +200 miles from home.

matt

The nationwide POIs are base of the major cities of the US and includes the information from users located from here

I have your city and state now include in my database.
This is why it's important for users to give me feedback :)

Ask a Question