a quick question...

TomTom Model(s)
Tom Tom One
As I stated in the new members forum, I had just recently purchased a tom tom one the other day. The only question I really have so far is when I type in my home address and it takes me there, the co-ordinates won't clear themselves (i.e. when I'm just driving to go somewhere else it will keep saying "turn around when possible" telling me how to get back to my house until I enter another destination in. My question is, is there a specific way to just bring up the map with no destination picked out so I can just see myself driving? Sorry if that's confusing but I really don't know how to describe it any easier. Thanks in advance for any of your help!

You might want to clear the route manually. It should be on the third page of the main menu. If you don't see it, go to Change Preferences>Show more options. After doing that you should be able to clear it.

You can certainly use it if you don't have a destination in mind. If you want to see the map, in the Main Menu look for Browse Map.

it technically should stop instruction once it says "You have reached your destination."

however, if it doesn't use Clear Route as D-F has written.

Yes, I forgot to mention that. If the TomTom 'believes' you reached the destination it should clear it automatically.

I was assuming you were already at your home location but the TT doesn't think you are yet.

Yes, I forgot to mention that. If the TomTom 'believes' you reached the destination it should clear it automatically.

I was assuming you were already at your home location but the TT doesn't think you are yet.

I've never had a very good experience with the auto-off feature... I just go to the menu item that stops the navigation.

Ask a Question