A map that's there...but not there

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Luddite Steve, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Luddite Steve

Luddite Steve

TomTom Model(s):
    GO 910
    I have a Europe + North America GO 910. I live in UK but normally use on hols in the USA. Trying to switch back to Europe maps, I find that Europe has disappeared. In "Manage My Go" I can see Western & Central Europe. In "Operate My Go" > Change Preferences > Manage Maps > Switch Maps, I can't. In "Operate My Go" > Change Preferences > Manage Maps > Download a Map, I get the message "Script error 8 around the code > (S) Europe a=SCMapC&$....".
    Reminds me of Schrodinger's cat - Europe is 'in the box', but is it alive or dead?!
    Any thoughts much appreciated.

Luddite Steve, Aug 11, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. Luddite Steve

dhn Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    1535 LIVE; Via 1605; Go 50; Go 520
    In Manage My Go, does it show the Europe map on the computer or the device?

dhn, Aug 11, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. Luddite Steve

canderson Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    GO720 GO 740 GO1535 GO1605 VIA1535 GO 600
    As Schrodinger would advise, it's both alive and dead until we look.

First, have there been updates of any sort performed since the last time that map switching worked correctly for you?
    Next, try giving the reset switch in the bottom of the unit about a 3 second poke. Gently now .. end of a paperclip or similar.
    If the reset doesn't help, one wonders if the European map is still fully intact. Do you have a full backup of your unit, or have you ever purchased a new, full Euro map for this unit?

canderson, Aug 11, 2014
  4. Luddite Steve

Luddite Steve

TomTom Model(s):
    GO 910
    Thanks. Europe appears under the tab "Items on Device". When I click on More Info it says that "This item is on your navigation device" but also "This item does not work on your device"

5. Luddite Steve

Luddite Steve

TomTom Model(s):
    GO 910
    Thanks. Yes, I tend to update every time I use - generally once a year when travelling to U.S. Reset didn't work. I think looking for a backup and installing is probably the best option - unfortunately, I've had the 910 longer than my computer! Thanks you again.

6. Luddite Steve

canderson Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    GO720 GO 740 GO1535 GO1605 VIA1535 GO 600
    OK. If you backed up manually (copied contents to a folder on your PC), only you will know where it is.
    If you used Home to back things up, you'll find a great deal of content in the folder My Documents / TomTom / HOME / Backup / GO / Backup01
    If you ever downloaded a new full Euro map, it should be found in My Documents / TomTom / HOME / Download / complete / map

Let us know if you have luck with any of those options.

canderson, Aug 11, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question