930 vs. 930T

TomTom Model(s)
740 Live (not Used), Iphone 4 with TomTom & Navigon and TomTom Car Kit (not used)
A simple and short question, and some help please. Does anyone know the differences between these two models? I think the only difference is theat the 930T comes with the antenna / receiver.

A simple and short question, and some help please. Does anyone know the differences between these two models? I think the only difference is theat the 930T comes with the antenna / receiver.

That is the only difference I know of as well.

Does it mean that if we bought a 930, we can just buy an antenna an we'll have the traffic functionnality enabled?

Also, do you anybody knows if the RDS-TMC traffic receivers are the same in the US and in Europe. If I buy one in europe, will it work with my North-American unit? Will I have to pay a subscription if I use it in the US?

Does it mean that if we bought a 930, we can just buy an antenna an we'll have the traffic functionnality enabled?

Yes. 930T and 930 are the same units. No difference at all.

Also, do you anybody knows if the RDS-TMC traffic receivers are the same in the US and in Europe. If I buy one in europe, will it work with my North-American unit? Will I have to pay a subscription if I use it in the US?

No, they are different. :(

Is it true the 930's only have 2gig of ram compared to the 920's?

I don't have a 930 myself, but TT's website shows that the 930 has 4GB of internal memory, while the 730 is listed as having 2GB memory.

On a side note, I think the only diff. between the 930 and the 730 internal memory size and that the 730 comes without the European maps. Could be wrong, but that's all I've been able to read so far.

I'm looking to get a new tom tom for my wife and I saw this thread. I have a 910 right now and I see on Tom toms website that I can't buy the antenna for it anymore. Could I buy one for the 930 and use that instead?

Ask a Question