930 goes back to the main menu

TomTom Model(s)
930 (2)TT910,(1)TT510
This all started about two days ago, while I am driving, my 930 will just decide to go back to the main menu screen all by itself. I will push the done button it will go back to the navigation for a few minutes then do the same thing over again. On the way home today it did it 15 times . I finally pulled off the road and reset it 2 times and id didnt happen again for the last part og the drive(about 20 minutes) any ideas

Ghosts !!!!

Seriously - the x20 and x30 units seem to be very buggy compared to the original x10 units. It may be a combination of the units and/or the 8.01 application. In any case, it is a bad reflection of TomTom's product engineering.

You might try a clearflash - that will sometimes will help. If you contact TomTom, they first will tell you to try re-installing the application. if that does not work, that might (like they suggested to me) tell you to do a complete reformat and clean install.

In any case, do a complete windows explorer (set to show hidden files) copy/backup before you mess with it.

Another thing that worked for me on my 930

I have a mac but I used disk repair and that seemed to fix all sort of problems I was having. I believe you can do the same on windows with Check disk. I won't say for sure, but since I did it I really haven't had many problems. And its true that I didn't have this many problems with my 720.

I have a mac but I used disk repair and that seemed to fix all sort of problems I was having. I believe you can do the same on windows with Check disk. I won't say for sure, but since I did it I really haven't had many problems. And its true that I didn't have this many problems with my 720.

I have a similar problem with my 920 unit
I found out that it was the touch screen problem
it just keep on tapping the right side of the screen
(if I go to the place where you enter the address,
it keep on pressing the place where the "5"/"h" is)
I e-mailed the cs, they told me to reset like 3 times, then reinstall the application, later another cs told me to reset.
I got mad after that because he(or she) told me the exact same thing as what the other one did.
so they finally let me exchange it...

I don't know if you are the same problem,
when it happen, try to go to the address enter place and see
if it press the 5 key(or the "h" key), then it is the touch screen problem

Similar Issue

I had something similar - Unit would just jump around screens without touching it. I noticed it didn't happen when I moved it into our other car. Turned out the battery of the remote (which was in the glove compatment) was going bad. Changed the battery and all was OK.

Ask a Question