920 won't read text msg from Razr V3M

So far we really like the 920 we got for Christmas but the only thing that doesn't seem to work is the feature where it's supposed to be able to read an incoming text message to you when connected via bluetooth.

We use a Verizon Motorola V3M and it connects up fine via bluetooth for the handsfree calling. Any ideas what we're missing in order to setup the text to speech feature for reading incoming text messages? There must be a setting somewhere that we missed?

I can't say I have the answer for you, but....

I believe a computer voice is required to have text messages read to you. A human voice will not do it. Let's assume that you do have a computer voice selected. When navigating a route does your TT tell you the street names? This is a feature that may have to be turned on. Assuming it is and you are not hearing street names, are you hearing any voice instruction at all? If not then I'd say you have a TTS problem. TT support should be able to help you out. If you're hearing voice instructions and street names, then you should be able to hear text messages. Perhaps there is a phone compatibility issue. My TT stopped giving me instructions. I called TT support. Somehow my computer voice got corrupted. I deleted it and downloaded it again and all works fine now. I don't recall the exact steps to do this. Hope I gave you some clues to figure out your problem.

Ask a Question