920 voice revognition now hears whole numbers

I noticed the device now says "please state number", I believe it used to say "please spell house number"

at any rate, I tried it and sure enough, it recognizes single, tens, hundreds and thousands

for instance, I asked for "six thousand five hundred and twnety two" and after the second try the unit got it right

I always type in the street numbers. You mean you can just speak them??

Sure if you have VR enabled and, in a 920, you should (if your map is at least 7.10 and you have firmware 7.221 or 7.481 installed -- NOT 7.480).

Sure if you have VR enabled and, in a 920, you should (if your map is at least 7.10 and you have firmware 7.221 or 7.481 installed -- NOT 7.480).
in fact, this unit now recognises quite a few variables it never recognized before

now I cah say the entire number, for instance, "two thousand and fourteen" or I can say for the same number "twenty fourteen", or of course for best accuracy, "two oh, one four"

it's the best feature in this unit as far as I am concerned and voice input winds up being faster then manual for my useage

Ask a Question