920 turns off by its self...HELP!!!!!

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One XL
My 920 will try to turn its self off after 5 minutes of operation. If I allow it to turn off and then I restart it everything is fine from then on out. However if I hit the cancel shut down button it will reattempt its shut down in another 5 minutes. Is anyone else having this issue? Do you have any input on how I can stop this from happening?

Thanks in advance for your help!

My 920 will try to turn its self off after 5 minutes of operation. If I allow it to turn off and then I restart it everything is fine from then on out. However if I hit the cancel shut down button it will reattempt its shut down in another 5 minutes. Is anyone else having this issue? Do you have any input on how I can stop this from happening?

Thanks in advance for your help!

In Preferences>>Battery Saving Preferences>>click done after first screen>>you see "Always turn off when external power lost.

Do you have it checked? If so, try unchecking it.

i had same prob but couldn't resolve through this solution

have sent my device back due to other fault and was told they raplceing a piece of hardware. might resolve my turning off problem.

My 920 will try to turn its self off after 5 minutes of operation. If I allow it to turn off and then I restart it everything is fine from then on out.

That behavior happens about every 20-30 times on mine when I drop it into the cradle. (I bought a ProClip -- Way cool by the way.) I can only presume that it's some type of intermittent hardware issue, since usually I just pull it out of the cradle, wait a second, and it's fine.

Which may have nothing to do with your own particular issue. These things are too complex. (Earlier, I had a different issue from yours, in which the thing would just go blank at random times and reboot. I never figured it out, but what I did do was go to Home and had it reload my entire system from scratch, which I had fortunately saved the first thing after I pulled it out of the box. After that, the problem disappeared forever. Or at least until today. :rolleyes: )

Ask a Question