920 screwed up after update

TomTom Model(s)
GO 920
Haven't updated my unit in a few months. Did it tonight and then problems started. It now stays on the opening picture (not the hands with the drums, but a picture of a car i've been using for months) for about 30 to 40 seconds while turning on. If I click "change preferences" and then click on"change car symbol" the icon turns blue and nothing happens for about 25 seconds. Then the TT reboots itself.

A reset of the TT makes no difference. Does anyone else have this after the latest update?

My backup is way old, is there any way to get back to where it was yesterday, and not all the way back to my last backup?

Unless someone has a link to 7.481 (I assume that was your last application), you could restore it and see what the application was. If earlier than 7.481, then when you let Home check for updates, it is supposed to offer you the next version, which would probably be 7.481 if your restore has an earlier one.

But first, with Home, copy any recent additions (maps, voices, color schemes, etc) back to your computer. You can then easily load them back up after you restore to an earlier date.

Note - this should always be done -especially with the application that is working OK before you let TomTom Home update a new app. Do this in addition to regular backups, as it ls easy to reload individual items and not have to do a complete backup restore.

Try a pin reset. If that doesn't help, try running the Clear Flash tool found at this link: http://www.tomtom.com/support/index....Lid=4&nostat=1
or

Device stuck at start-up screen.
Answer
If your device stops at the start-up screen after you turn it on, the TomTom application may not be installed properly.

See some examples of start-up screens here. The image may vary on previous TomTom devices or if you have replaced the image.

To solve this, follow the steps below.

Remove the current application

1.Reset your device.

2. Connect your device to your computer.

3. Turn on your device by pressing the power button for 5 seconds.

4. Run TomTom HOME.

5. In the Main Menu of HOME click on Remove items from my device.

6. Click on the plus symbol next to Applications. Click in the checkbox on the right to select the application.

7. You will be prompted to confirm the selection, choose Yes.

8. Click on Remove selected items.

9. Choose OK.

10. You will be asked to copy the item to your computer before removing, do not copy the item. Instead, choose Back.

The application will then be removed.

Reinstall the TomTom application:
1. Start TomTom HOME (www.tomtom.com/home).

2a. If you previously updated your device on this computer, click Add Maps, Traffic, Voices etc. and then click Items on my computer.
You can install the application by clicking the plus symbol and then Add.

2b. If you never updated your device on this computer, click Update my device.

If HOME asks you to Unplug your TomTom device, try clicking OK first. If HOME notes that a problem has occured, click Back.

3. HOME offers to download and install the latest version of the TomTom application.

4. Click Done and then click Device > Disconnect Device.

Your device should now start-up again. Since you have reinstalled the application, please allow a full 2 minutes for the TomTom device to fully boot.

I tried a couple of thing to fix it, but it still did the same thing. I also found someone on a different forum who had the same thing happen to them after the most recent update.

I finally ended up restoring the unit back to the last backup I made in February. Strange thing now is that the unit turns on much faster than ever before. i used to have to hold the button in for 3 or 4 seconds before I'd see my startup pic, but now I get the pic in half that time. Don't know if it's the new Navcore or just less crap in the unit, but either way, I'm happy!!!

Thanks for the assistance:D :D :D

Ask a Question