920 Latest Maps Guarantee

TomTom Model(s)
GO 920
Does the 920 still come with 1 year of free map updates or is it just 30 days like the One XL?

I have an opportunity to exchange the One XL.S that I recently purchase for a 920 for not much more money so I'm seriously considering doing this, if nothing else for the 1 year of maps.

Thanks!

The general map guarantee is 30 days for the 920. Some units were sold a few months ago that contained the one year map guarantee, but it was a very limited promotion, and was only offered by select merchants.

This kinda confuses me too. do TTs have a 30 day guarantee or 1 year guarantee? can u use both? for example I recently updated to version 720 (under 30 days), it did NOT involve using the 1 year code I got. Can I use the 1 year code later on?

This kinda confuses me too. do TTs have a 30 day guarantee or 1 year guarantee? can u use both? for example I recently updated to version 720 (under 30 days), it did NOT involve using the 1 year code I got. Can I use the 1 year code later on?

The method for providing a code no longer works in TT Home. I suspect, when the time comes, you'll have to call Support. They'll more than likely want a scan, fax, or photo of your sales receipt and one for the document showing the 1-yr code. So, don't lose it.

Not all devices came with a 1-yr guarantee. You appear to be one of the lucky ones.

Does the 920 still come with 1 year of free map updates or is it just 30 days like the One XL?

I have an opportunity to exchange the One XL.S that I recently purchase for a 920 for not much more money so I'm seriously considering doing this, if nothing else for the 1 year of maps.

Thanks!

The 920's never came with 1yr. LMG it is only for the first 30 days of you owning your tomtom. It was the 910's that came with 1yr. LMG

UBDANGED2 you are wrong on that. I purchased the 920 and it came with a 1 year map guarantee. Purchased on 3/08.

The 920 DOES come with a 1 year map Guarantee, but trying to get TomTom to honour their commitment to provide them is a nightmare. It can be done, but requires a lot of persistance and harsh words. Not the best in customer service.

:mad:

I purchased mt 920 from Costco in December of 2007 with the 1 year map guarantee. Today I called TT about the maps, and they stated that the 1 year was supposed to be for European units only, but certain US units "accidentally" got the 1 year paperwork thrown in. That's what they told me today.

With that, the call went perfectly smooth. I had to make 2 calls in total. The first to get all of the info on how to get them what they needed and to inform me of the steps on the computer to take. The second call was made as I was instructed, after I had sent them the 2 pieces of proof they needed. They asked me to scan fax or send them the copies of the sales receipt and the map guarantee. They walked me through the steps necessary to do the install. There was no harshness or anything negative about the support call that i can think of other than what I've written at the bottom of this post. The phone was answered by a live person within 1 minute of finishing with the phonebot. These were the first calls ever made to TT, and I have to say their customer service from this experience, was great!
I am DLing the map right now. It's taken about an hour an ten minutes so far and It says it got another seventeen minutes to go.

The only negative I can report is that the first tech stated that the update would make my 920 function the same as a 930. The second tech stated that the maps would be the same and I would have IQ Routing, but not Advanced Lane Guidance. I don't know which one is right as I have not been reading the boards lately to educate myself as to what to expect.

With the N8.010 firmware AND the 8.10 map, your unit should have both IQ routing AND ALG.

Ask a Question