920 EPT Issue

I've just got myself a Go 920 but the EPT doesn't work ... contacted TT Support to no avail ... tried their support solutions without success ... anyone got any ideas? Please help

I've just got myself a Go 920 but the EPT doesn't work ... contacted TT Support to no avail ... tried their support solutions without success ... anyone got any ideas? Please help

What is the unit doing --- or not doing -- that leads you to think it's not working?

G'day ... the icon doesn't appear in the bottom right of the screen and the screen is going gray and doesn't track me through tunnels etc

Yeah .... tried both factory re-set and pin re-set ... reloaded application ... but still dead end ... I reckon there must be a file missing or something like that

If you go through deep down tunnel like the Big crappy Dig in Boston, EPT won't help much (or not at all), screen will be grayed out and car icon starts swinging like Jack Sparrow's compass.

From the manual:
Your GO calibrates EPT automatically. If calibration is not complete when your GO loses GPS reception, EPT cannot be used and the screen is shown in grey, for example, when there is no GPS reception at the beginning of a trip.

Calibration is done automatically and requires no interaction from you. However, it is useful to have a basic understanding of the calibration procedure.

Your TomTom GO resets the positioning sensors each time the device is switched on. To help improve accuracy in estimating your location, your GO calibrates the sensors throughout your trip.

The following conditions are required for successful calibration:
  • Your GO is receiving a strong GPS signal.
  • The car has been stationary for at least 5 seconds and then travels along a straight and level section of road for at least one minute.
I've never been able to duplicate the conditions required for calibration, but if you haven't either, then I expect that may be your problem.

G'day mate,

Thats weird. I live in Vancouver Canada now, and I thought mine was stuffed as well. But then I noticed the icon that appears is a little different form the one i was expecting, and it does work when I drive through the Massey Tunnel and other areas where no GPS signal is available.

Cheers

Hi everyone,

Latest on my EPT issue.

I have the 920 re-formatted ... it is now running firmware 8.010 ... everything is working fine but ... you guessed it .... the EPT

I am at my wit's end.

Would appreciate any advice

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Latest on my EPT issue.

I have the 920 re-formatted ... it is now running firmware 8.010 ... everything is working fine but ... you guessed it .... the EPT

I am at my wit's end.

Would appreciate any advice

Thanks

What does TomTom support say?

Ask a Question