920 doing things on its own

TomTom Model(s)
g0 920
I just upgraded to a go 920. Everything was working fine for the first 15 minutes, then it started acting all crazy. It randomly pushes button that cause it to go into different menus. Its favorite is to goto the walk to help then the list of police stations. Sometimes i cant even hit the back button fast enough to get back to the main screen. I have reset it with the button multiple times, however it keeps happening. Purchased online, so if anyone has any ideas of a fix, it would be easier than returning it.

Thanks

Suggestions:
1. Run the clear flash tool found here
2. If that doesn't work, try Restore to Factory Defaults.
3. If that doesn't work, sometimes a little dirt gets under the bezel of the unit. Use a corner of thin sharp cardboard (like from a business card) and run it all the way around the perimeter of the glass.

My go920 acting crazy as well

Gator Guy,

Is your unit still on the blitz? My unit has the exact same symptoms your described. I have reset the unit with no luck. If you fixed it, please let me know what worked.

The dirt under the bezel did nothing. I do not have a flash card in the unit...

Probably not related but my 910 took one of those odd trips you are describing. Started going through menus etc. Turned out I had put my flight bag on the remote and the corner gave just enough pressure to activate the buttons. As I drove it bounced a bit and I am guessing activated others. Strange feeling so I can understand your plight. I hope you purchased your unit from an authorized and reputable dealer who will support the purchase. Let us know what happens. That knowledge lets us help others.

Gator Guy,

Is your unit still on the blitz? My unit has the exact same symptoms your described. I have reset the unit with no luck. If you fixed it, please let me know what worked.

The dirt under the bezel did nothing. I do not have a flash card in the unit...

SEH318 had the problem. Mine's OK

I gave up, it was a new unit that had a bad screen IMO. I reset the thing multiple times, updated, and...... nothing. I figured if it was this messed up out of the box, that I sure wasnt going to trust it to still function properly in the future. In the exchange process as we speak. I hadnt even conected the remote to the unit, or even changed any settings. The problem was worse if it was navigating a route.
Thanks for the help. Unfortunately I cant offer any help for anyone else who experiances this issue.

Ask a Question