920 BT Remote Battery Die way 2 Fast

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom GO 920
[SOLVED by Replacing Remote]920 BT Remote Battery Die way 2 Fast

Not sure if I have a defective remote or TT920 but I have tried a few different type of batteries and none of them last more then 2 or so days. They seem to die after just a few days even if I dont use the remote.

I even tried the Lithium Ion Battery made for electronic devices and they still die super fast.

What gives?

Is there maybe a Firmware update for the remote or somthing?

Thanks

Last edited:
You should get TomTom to replace the remote.

I really don't use my remote (930)....but it still has the ( Maxell ) batteries that can with it when new....May-08....it still works great when I use it ( just tried it to be sure )

Just for reference the old original Maxell batteries test 1.28 volts each.

A NEW duracell tested 1.55 volts.

PSJ aka Marc

Well I opened up a case with TomTom Support through the my tomtom login on there website and after again showing proof of purchase in the last 2 months they promptly had sent me a new TomTom BT Remote Next Day (Thats what Im talking about). All though the Remote replacement is black and the old one was gray ( to match the color of my tomtom, even when I purchased it online I was expecting it to be black. But no biggy.)

I Just received it today and have installed the 2 new AAA battery's that came with the remote from tomtom and report back in the next few days, as from other post on this board others are also having the same exact problem with there remote. I will be tacking a good drive about 300 miles or so early next week and will share my efforts.

I would think that something like this could be fixed via some type of firmware update to the remote over a blue tooth connection maybe.

Thanks for the recommendation,

MrChris

Well gone on a few road trips for work and so far so good. I installed the battery's that came with my new Black Remote the day I got them (10-30-08) and so far they appear to be still working. This tells me that for those of who have the same issue might want to just open a case with TomTom Support and have the remote replaced.

Just thought I would share for others who have this problem.

MrChris

Don't forget after you use it it is turned on for a little while, you will see the light, some one said that Blue tooth takes up power if you have it on all the time...Just a thought.......:confused:

Ask a Question