920 and SD card

Kingston Technology Sd6/4gb

I have been using the following for past 4 months with no problems.
It also plays DVD movies fine via http://www.mobilnova.com/MobilNova/en/
KINGSTON TECHNOLOGY SD6/4GB 740617111330
Flash memory card - 4 GB - Class 6 - SDHC
Kingston Technology's Secure Digital High-Capacity (SDHC) memory cards are fully compliant with the Secure Digital Association 2.00 specification. They are a new performance class of SD memory cards designed to meet the storage demands of high-quality digital still and video cameras and other high-resolution image recording devices.
I didn't know whether it would handle 8GB so I stuck with the 4GB card.

I have formatted the SD card with tomtom, reformatted it with a regular reader and copied all of my music onto the card but tomtom still will not write to the card. I keep getting parameter incorrect message. I'm at a loss because if others are getting this to work, I must be doing something wrong.

I'm really not sure what to try! Please help!

You can no longer add files to the SD card while it is plugged into your TomTom.
You need to add it with a card reader.
This is why you are getting the error.

You can no longer add files to the SD card while it is plugged into your TomTom.
You need to add it with a card reader.
This is why you are getting the error.

I guess I thought I should be able to write to the card while it's in the tomtom and that's what everybody meant by "everything's working fine". I guess if an application needs to be able to write, I have to install it on the tomtom and not the card? As it is I have tried to install quite a few applications and many just aren't working. I did get a movie to play and tons of songs to be recognized, which is good.

If I am reading this thread correctly, I can load (via card reader) MP3's onto a SD card and keep the Tom Tom OS et al on the internal memory?
The MP3 folder would be on the SD card and not in internal memory, yes/no ?
Thanks.

If I am reading this thread correctly, I can load (via card reader) MP3's onto a SD card and keep the Tom Tom OS et al on the internal memory?
Thanks.

The TT ONE XL is a different model! This tweak forum is for 920s so the answer is different when dealing with a ONE model which has a different Samsung integrated chipset. Ask your question in the proper forum...

The TT ONE XL is a different model! This tweak forum is for 920s so the answer is different when dealing with a ONE model which has a different Samsung integrated chipset. Ask your question in the proper forum...

Thank you for that, Gilbert. I did forget to mention that my father in law has recently aquired a GO 920 :( and has a few questions... so my original question in this forum still stands :eek:

Thanks.

yes, you just need to put your mp3s in a folder named mp3.

Thanks.

It would make sense to organize it that way (mp3s on the SD card). As for the XL, you would need to copy all of internal memory to the SD card because it can't access internal memory when the SD card is inserted. The integrated Samsung chipset used by TT is different between the ONE and the GO x20 or x30. The 920 can access both internal memory and the SD card.

Ask a Question